Meatballs and pine nuts in tomato sauce. Once the garlic has caramelized, add tomatoes and bay leaf, stir, season with salt and pepper. This is another wonderful recipe from the cookbook Arabesque by Claudia Roden. The tender and juicy lamb meatballs are studded with pine nuts and cooked in a flavorful tomato sauce.
Peel and cut the potatoes in half lengthwise. Wash, seed and cut the peppers in small strips. Put the meatballs, potatoes and peppers in a large baking dish. You can have Meatballs and pine nuts in tomato sauce using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Meatballs and pine nuts in tomato sauce
- It’s 600 grams of minced beef/lamb.
- Prepare 3 of onions.
- You need 2 cm of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare Half of cup pine nuts.
- Prepare 5 of tomatos,finely chopped.
- You need 2 of table spoons tomato paste.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Black pepper.
- You need 2 of cloves.
- You need Pinch of nutmeg.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cumin powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of paprika.
- You need Half of teaspoon corraindar powder.
- You need of One-third cup fresh lemon juice.
- You need of Canola oil.
Sprinkle generously with olive oil, salt and pepper, sprinkle with remaining pine nuts. Place the veal, breadcrumbs, Parmesan, pine nuts, parsley, eggs and lemon zest and juice in a large bowl. Mix well with your hands until everything is thoroughly combined. Tender, lamb meatballs filled with feta, pine nuts, mint, and cinnamon, bubbling in a bath of tomato sauce.
Meatballs and pine nuts in tomato sauce step by step
- Prepare meatballs:grate one onion, mix and knead well with minced meat along with salt, black pepper and paprika. Keep in fridge for 30 minutes..
- After 30 minutes, in a large non stick pan, heat some oil. Make meatballs size of a walnut with your hands. Brown them in oil until sealed(not dry). With slotted spoon take them and put in other plate..
- In a pot, heat some oil, dice other two onions. Fry onions until translucent. Add cinnamon, cumin, corriander and cloves and pinch of nutmeg. Saute few seconds. Now add tomatos and saute more. Add tomato paste and enough water. Bring it to boil. Add meatballs and lower the flame to medium. Cover the pot and let the sauce get thick about 45 minutes. Add lemon juice. Turn off the heat..
- Meanwhile roast pine nuts(Almonds) in orher pan..
- Pour Dawood basha in serving plate and top it with roasted pine nuts. Enjoy!.
Meatballs are a family favorite for a reason, and this Greek-style variation adds just a little twist to keep things interesting. She was born in Cairo and has a huge collection of recipes evocative of foods from the Middle East. Add the ground beef and mix. Form into desired size meat balls. Dump the meatballs into the pan of sauce and nudge the heat up ever so slightly.