Spicy Beef Shoyu Ramen. The Key Ingredients for Spicy Shoyu Ramen. Since we're making Spicy Shoyu Ramen today, the key ingredient for the recipe is spicy chili bean paste (la doubanjiang). You can always make slight modifications to the spiciness level.
Marc and I just got back from Minnesota! I know I must be getting older, because I feel incredibly jet-lagged and they only have a three-hour time difference. Sweet and spicy beef, scallions, chili oil, in a spicy shoyu broth. You can cook Spicy Beef Shoyu Ramen using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy Beef Shoyu Ramen
- Prepare 4 of green onions, chopped (white and green parts separated).
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of finely chopped fresh ginger.
- You need 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes (or sambal oelek).
- Prepare 3 tbsp (45 ml) of olive oil.
- It’s 4 cups (1 litre) of beef broth.
- Prepare 2 cups (500 ml) of water.
- You need 1 tbsp (15 ml) of fish sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp (15 ml) of soy sauce.
- Prepare 225 g of ramen-style noodles.
- You need 1 of sirloin steak, about 9 oz (250 g).
- Prepare of Bean sprouts, as desired.
- It’s of Chopped fresh cilantro, as desired.
- Prepare of Lime wedges (optional).
- It’s 1/2 cup of Mushrooms.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of broccoli.
- It’s 2 of eggs fried.
Tender chicken, scallions, sesame oil, in a shoyu Broth. Tender chicken, scallions, chili oil, in a spicy shoyu Broth. Fried chicken, scallions, sesame oil, in a shoyu broth. A hearty beef broth with a shoyu base.
Spicy Beef Shoyu Ramen instructions
- In a saucepan over medium heat, soften the white parts of the onions, the garlic, ginger, mushrooms and red pepper flakes in 2 tbsp (30 ml) of the oil. Add the broth, water, fish sauce and soy sauce. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Adjust the seasoning..
- Add the noodles and cook for 3 minutes or until tender. Add broth, if needed..
- Meanwhile, in a skillet over high heat, brown the steak on both sides in the remaining oil until the desired doneness. Season with salt and pepper. Let rest for 5 minutes on a work surface, and then slice..
- Ladle the soup into bowls. Garnish with the meat, bean sprouts, the green parts of the onions, fried eggs and the cilantro. Serve with lime wedges, if desired..
- Please don't forget to tag @appetizing.adventure on Instagram with a picture if you try this recipe!.
Just like miso ramen, curry ramen broth may be clear (shio or shoyu) or opaque and milky (tonkotsu). Curry paste is added for a different dimension of spice experience. Tonkotsu Ramen Beef Shoyu Ramen WHO SAYS YOU CAN'T HAVE BEEF! Come in and have a hearty bowl of Beef Shoyu Ramen! It starts with Vegetable Broth, Beef Shoyu sauce, thinly sliced grilled beef and ono goodness!