Goan Coconut Haddock Curry. Heat oil, add the onions and the curry leaves and stir fry, till the onions are light brown. Now this Goan Prawn Curry is pretty authentic, but I have to tell you that like everything in India, every home has their own way of making things, so I'm sure And you'll be surprised at how simple it is. You just need a few whole spices because like in Mangalore, a Goan Curry or Ambot Tik also starts with.
Great curry – but quite hot. I'll probably only use one chilli next time. That said, I did use 'finger chillies' which are pretty hot! You can cook Goan Coconut Haddock Curry using 22 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Goan Coconut Haddock Curry
- You need 450 g of Haddock, chunks.
- You need 50 g of fresh or grated coconut.
- It’s 8 of dry red chillies.
- It’s 150 ml of coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 of onion, diced.
- You need 1 of onion,sliced.
- You need 3 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 3 of green chillis.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of juice of lemon 🍋.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of ginger, grated.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of tamarind paste.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of cumin powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of coriander powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of coriander, crushed.
- Prepare 3/4 of sea salt or to taste.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric x 2.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of rapeseed oil.
- You need 1 of medium tomato.
- You need 1 teaspoon of tomato purée.
- It’s Handful of coriander chopped for garnish.
- It’s of Grated coconut for garnish.
Goan prawn, potato & coconut curry. A typical Goan chicken curry with coconut milk. Ingredients for Goan Chicken Coconut Curry Recipe. Goan drumstick coconut curry with step by step photos – this delicious curry also called as Shengo curry or Shengya chi kodi Is a coconut based Sharing a Goan recipe after a long time.
Goan Coconut Haddock Curry instructions
- First step, soak the dry red chillis in cup of water.
- Mix the salt, 1/2 teaspoon turemric, lemon juice and rub into the haddock chunks..
- After 15 minutes drain the dry chillis, keeping the water aside..
- Add half of the water plus the soaked red chillies, coconut grated, garlic, coriander powder, cumin powder, tamarind paste, turmeric, green chilli, tomato, tomato puree, diced onion, blend to a smooth paste.
- In a shallow wide pan, pop the cumin seeds in hot oil, add the sliced onions & sauté until translucent, add the spice paste, grated ginger, crushed coriander stir for a few minutes and a little water from the soaked dry chillis. To this add salt if required, coconut milk and simmer and keep stirring until the oil is seen on top..
- Lastly gently place the marinated haddock chunks into the sauce and simmer for fish is cooked, about 5 minutes..
- Garnish with chopped coriander and grated coriander.
This one happens to be my mom's recipe and I do make it at times. Stir in the coconut and cook until toasted and brown, stirring continuously to prevent it from scorching. Put this mixture into a blender and add. The curry blend smelled so good and the haddock took on the flavors perfectly! The haddock simply cooked with chilli, coriander and lemongrass in this flavoursome, healthy dish, served with coconut rice.