You can have Spring Pie using 18 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spring Pie
- You need 250 g of button mushrooms (8.8oz).
- Prepare 100 g of portobello mushrooms (3.5oz).
- It’s 1 can of sweet corn.
- You need 1 can of peas.
- It’s 1/2 cup of diced Carrots.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Broccoli.
- You need 1/2 cup of cauliflower.
- You need 1 of brown onion.
- Prepare 8 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 300 g of frozen spinach (10.6oz).
- It’s 1/8 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese (100g).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Italian herb mix.
- It’s 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 2 of homemade or frozen puff pastry sheets (300g/10.6oz).
Spring Pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 425°F with a rack in the lower-middle position (fan bake)..
- Dice mushrooms, onion, Broccoli, cauliflower and carrots. Crush garlic. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for a minute, add in mushrooms, onion, Broccoli, cauliflower and carrots and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened..
- Add spinach to frying pan with the veggies, season with a little salt and pepper and cook for a couple of minutes, until the veggies have a little moisture left. Add in the drained corn and peas, and saute for another 3 minutes..
- Add in the flour and saute for 2 mins, add in the milk and stir till it looks absolutely creamy. if it becomes too dry, you can add more milk and saute. Remove from heat and set aside..
- Roll out the pie crust and transfer it to your pie plate as normal. Trim the edges and crimp..
- Line the pie with parchment: Cut off a large square of parchment paper or aluminum foil and use it to line the pie. Snug the lining right up against the edges and sides of the pie..
- Place the pie on the baking sheet and bake until the edges of the crust are just starting to turn golden, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove the crust from the oven..
- Grasp the corners of the parchment (or foil), and lift the weights out of the pie. Transfer them to a bowl or plate to cool. The bottom of the pie will still look wet and un-cooked at this point..
- Return the crust to the oven. Bake until the bottom looks dry, another 5 minutes. Add Cheese and Italian herb mix to the prepared vegetable mix..
- Once the pie crust is baked, Add the prepared vegetable mix in the middle and even it out with the help of a spatula. You can design your pie with the leftover puff pastry crust. Put it in the oven to bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the pie crust is golden brown..
- Please don't forget to tag @appetizing.adventure on Instagram with a picture if you try this recipe!.