Pitted plum and beef/lamb stew. Not same flavour if you use pressure cooker. Serve stewed plums along with breakfast or as a dessert with cream or whipped topping to impress friends and family. Add the cinnamon stick to the mixture and bring to a boil while stirring constantly.
You'll want to bring the liquid up to a boil and then lower the heat so the liquid is gently percolating. Sweet and spicy all at once. And the lamb has a higher fat content than the beef which keeps all the meat moist. You can cook Pitted plum and beef/lamb stew using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pitted plum and beef/lamb stew
- It’s 600 gr of stewing beef cubes 3 cm each.
- You need 2 of large onion, diced.
- You need 3 of table spoons ready to use fried crispy golden brown onions.
- It’s 3 cm of cinnamon stick.
- It’s 1 tea spoon of turmeric powder.
- Prepare Pinch of saffron solved in 3 table spoons of hot water.
- It’s 250 gr of pitted plums.
- You need Half of cup fresh lemon juice.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Black pepper.
- You need of Canola oil.
- You need of Plain steamed basmati rice to serve.
Let this Lamb Stew from Delish.com bubble away on your stove for a hearty dinner. Remove bay leaves and rosemary and garnish with parsley before serving. The stew in the book used lamb, but I opted to use beef since it's easier to find. It's rich, warms your belly, and super easy to make if you've got time to let You can also use a slow cooker for this recipe.
Pitted plum and beef/lamb stew step by step
- In a deep pot, heat the oil. Fry diced onions until they become soft. Add turmeric powder and cinnamon stick and saute few seconds. Now add the beef cubes and saute until no more red. Add enough water. Bring it to boil. Cover the pot.Lower the flame and let the beef simmer for about 3 hours or until tender..
- Now add pitted plums along with salt, pepper, fried crispy onions and saffron. Cover and let it simmer for 20 minutes..
- Add the lemon juice and turn off the heat. Stew should be thick with little liquid. Serve it with steamed basmati or iranian rice..
Start by simmering the wine and plums in the slow cooker. Add the rest of the ingredients after they. Lamb Stew is a delicious and satisfying recipe with tender chunks of lamb, potatoes and carrots. Springtime is the time to bust out all those spring holiday traditions and nothing says tradition like an Irish If you like a good traditional Beef Stew Recipe, you'll love this flavorful Irish stew just as much! Try this delicious lamb, plum and barley stew recipe plus other recipes from Red Online.