Green Vegetable Pathia Curry🌿🌱.
You can have Green Vegetable Pathia Curry🌿🌱 using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Green Vegetable Pathia Curry🌿🌱
- Prepare 1 sprig of fresh curry leaves.
- Prepare 2 of juicy limes.
- It’s 1 of small handful of fresh coriander.
- Prepare 2 cups of mixed seasonal green veg (beans, cabbage, peas, chard, spinach, courgette.
- You need 2 of green cardamon pods.
- Prepare 2 of black cardamom pods.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of turmeric (fresh or powdered).
- You need 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 2 inch of block of coconut cream (grated).
- It’s 3 of green chilli and 1 large red for garnish.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic.
- You need of 1 thumb of ginger.
- You need 2 of organic white or brown onions.
- You need 1 pinch of sugar.
- It’s of 2 small red onions (1 for curry, 1 for garnish).
- You need 1 of chunk cucumber for garnish.
Green Vegetable Pathia Curry🌿🌱 instructions
- Heat a little oil and fry mustard and cumin seeds and cardamon pods until the seeds pop. Add half of the curry leaves (they may splutter) and the powdered spices..
- Finely chop the onion and add to the pan and stir until covered in the spice mix. Reduce heat, add a splash of water and cover with a lid. Cook the onion for at least 10 minutes until they go sticky and sweet. You can add a little water if needed to stop sticking or burning..
- Peel and crush the garlic and add to the pan. Add the green chillis (put a little slice into the side of the chilli if you like a hot curry 🌶 fry gently for a few minutes but don’t the mixture over brown or it will be bitter..
- Add the powdered spice to the pan. Grate the tomatoes into the pan (discard the skins), add the bay leaf and let the mixture gently bubble..
- Add the green vegetable to the pan and gently simmer until almost cooked. Add the grated coconut into the pan and simmer until the sauce thickens. Add the fresh curry leaves, juice of the lime (and a little zest if it’s unwaxed) and plenty of chopped coriander. Garnish with Very finely cubed cucumber and red onion and a wedge of lime. This is nice with saffron brown rice and kachumber salad (see my recipe).