Seafood stew with tomato and chorizo. This spicy stew features Hunt's® petite diced tomatoes, seafood, and chorizo in one satisfying, Mexican-inspired bowl! Food and Wine presents a new network of food pros delivering the most cookable recipes and delicious ideas online. In Bahia, cooks prepare endless variations of this traditional stew: with shrimp, with fish and shrimp, with lobster.
Chorizo is a brilliant ingredient – you just need a little to add a hit of smoky, spiciness to dishes. A simple Sicilian seafood tomato stew recipe for you to cook a great meal for family or friends. Buy the ingredients for our Sicilian seafood tomato Break the tomatoes up with a flat spoon. You can cook Seafood stew with tomato and chorizo using 26 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Seafood stew with tomato and chorizo
- It’s of Freshly baked bread.
- You need of Homemade butter.
- Prepare 1 kg of mussels.
- It’s 250 g of clams.
- You need 1 of fillet salmon.
- Prepare 1 of fillet cod.
- Prepare 1 of fillet haddock.
- Prepare 2 of tubes calamari sliced into rings.
- You need of Fresh parsley.
- Prepare of Fresh basil.
- It’s of Stew.
- You need 200 g of chorizo diced.
- You need 1 of diced white onion.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare of Extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 400 g of plum tomatoes.
- You need 400 g of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Dijon mustard.
- It’s 1 tsp of origanum.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- It’s of Smoked paprika.
- It’s 250 ml of Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Prepare 50 g of sugar.
- It’s 500 ml of water.
While it's cooking mix the mayonnaise Bold flavours like chorizo and fennel provide hearty results in this easy-to-make stew. If you can't get your hands on saffron, the mayo can. Add the sautéed potatoes to the tomato stew, then pour the mixture into an ovenproof dish. Place the breadcrumbs and parsley into a small bowl and mix together.
Seafood stew with tomato and chorizo instructions
- Brown onions and garlic in olive oil. Add splash of water to soften. Add tomatoes, paste, sugar and origanum then simmer. Season with salt, pepper and smoked paprika..
- Add water and bring to the boil. Remove from heat and using a hand blender, blitz the sauce until very smooth. Add mustard and stir well. Add the wine and mix through..
- Brown the chorizo in oil and fry king prawns with a 1 tsp butter. Once the prawns have discoloured, add the tomato stew and bring to a simmer. Add all the fish except the calamari, clams and mussels. Add the mussels and clams and place a lid to steam. Once the mussels start opening add the calamari and leave for two to three minutes until the calamari has changed colour..
- Serve the stew in a deep dish with freshly sliced or torn herbs sprinkled on top. Enjoy with torn bread and butter..
Return bacon to pot, then add potatoes, chorizo, mushrooms, broth This recipe is delicious! This is a simple stew that delivers big flavor. Mussels are one of the best things to eat from the sea. Not only are they delicious, they are nutrient superstars In this recipe, a smoky tomato sauce with spicy, cured chorizo is used as the base for the stew. Feel free to make the tomato sauce ahead and hold.