You can have Apple Pie using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Apple Pie
- It’s of Pastry.
- Prepare 300 g of flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 165 g of salted butter.
- You need 120 ml of cold water.
- It’s of Apple Filling.
- It’s 1 kg of green apples, sliced.
- You need 120 g of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of flour.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of nutmeg.
- You need of Juice from 1/2 lemon.
- You need of Egg Wash.
- It’s 1 of egg, beaten.
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar.
Apple Pie instructions
- Prepare pastry dough. Add flour and salt into mixing bowl. Mix well..
- Using pastry cutter, cut butter into flour. It is ready when flour/butter mixture resembles breadcrumbs..
- Add ice water slowly, starting with 60ml, then half of previous, and so on. Pull mixture into a dough. Do not knead. Refrigerate for 1 hr..
- Prepare apple filling. In a large mixing bowl, add apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and lemon juice, and mix well. Refrigerate till pastry is ready..
- Preheat oven to 195C fan assisted..
- Assemble pie. Divide pastry dough into 2 portions – 1 for base and 1 for crust..
- Using each half of dough, with a rolling pin, roll out dough to be slightly bigger than the 9-inch pie dish. Lay one sheet into dish to form base..
- Add apple filling. Using other sheet, place on top, and close the pie by cutting out access and pinching sheets together..
- On top of pie, make 4 cuts (to allow moisture to escape during baking). Brush top of pie with egg wash..
- Bake for 55mins. Voila!.
- Serve with ice cream if preferred..