African chicken stew. African Chicken Stew – a stew like no other. It's easy, aromatic and flavorful with a thick rich tomato-based sauce. Then this African chicken peanut stew by Hank is for you.
This is a slightly spicy, chicken and peanut stew that can be eaten on its own, or with rice. A Flavoursome African Stew with Slow-Cooked Herbed Chicken in a rich, spicy Tomato Sauce. Tomato stew is one of the most popular African recipes. You can cook African chicken stew using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of African chicken stew
- You need 4 of leg portion chicken halved.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of paprika.
- You need 2/3 tsp of curry powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 of medium onion chopped.
- You need 2 of tomatoes chopped.
- It’s 2 of medium potatoes cubed.
- Prepare 1 of green pepper chopped.
- You need 1 of carrot cubed.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of oil.
- Prepare 1 of stock cube /1 cup chicken stock.
- You need of fresh parsley to garnish.
This West African Chicken Stew is perfect to make with leftover chicken, and it's wonderfully flavorful with ginger, jalapenos, and chunky peanut butter adding interest. Spoon some chicken stew over each portion and serve! Peanut butter, zesty tomatoes and bell peppers combine with chicken and sweet potatoes for a slow cooked meal with an African influence. West African peanut chicken stew is a hearty, comforting dinner that's loaded with Their West African Peanut Stew received nothing but accolades, so I was convinced to order it.
African chicken stew step by step
- In a bowl with the chicken pieces add the paprika, curry powder, salt and pepper and massage the seasonings into the meat add tsp chicken. Spice if you can get hold of it.
- In the pan add heat the oil add the garlic once it fragrant add the chicken and fry it to brown don’t mind if not cooked through.
- Add the onions and cook till soft add the tomatoes and cook five more minutes.
- Add the stock / cube and the rest of vegetables and cook covered this will Taue about 30 minutes or till enough soup is left in the pot.
- Adjust seasonings and garnish with fresh parsley and serve with rice or starch of choice.
This is one of my favorite healthy recipes that Hubby makes. Chicken Yassa is a delicious African chicken stew from Senegal, a dish inspired by the French – poulet yassa, but so popular all over Senegal and especially in the Casamance region. This one-pot peanut chicken stew recipe is inspired by West-African cooking and packed with veg for all the family. See more Chicken recipes at Tesco Real Food. via eatdrinkpaleo.com.au and Clothes Make The Girl.