Chicken Pie. Combine the broth and soup in a medium saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil. This simple but flavorful pot pie is bursting with chicken flavor. Freshly cooked chicken thigh meat and potatoes are topped with chicken gravy and a simple batter made with self-rising flour that bakes up into a brown crust.
Add sliced hard-boiled egg over the chicken. Combine cream of celery soup, broth, thyme, salt and pepper in a saucepan and heat to a boil then pour over chicken. Combine butter, milk, and flour and pour over chicken mixture. You can have Chicken Pie using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Pie
- You need 1 of whole chicken grilled.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 250 g of streaky bacon, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 2 of leaks, sliced into rounds.
- Prepare 1 cup of frozen peas.
- It’s 1 tbsp of english mustard.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 2 tbsp of plain flour.
- Prepare 250 ml of milk.
- You need 250 ml of chicken stock.
- You need 1 of egg, beaten, to glaze.
- You need 2 of roll puff pastry.
This Chicken Pie recipe has everything you need in a creamy chicken pie. Moist, tasty, home cooked chicken, added vegetables and a light chicken pie sauce made with the chicken stock. Add in some crispy bacon and delicious shortcrust pastry and this easy chicken pie recipe is a winner! Leftover chicken from a deli rotisserie bird or from a roast turkey can be mixed in with the frozen vegetables for a heartier pie.
Chicken Pie instructions
- Remove the chicken skin and de-bone the chicken. Cube the chicken..
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- In a large, non-stick frying pan, heat the oil, then fry the bacon. Once browned, reduce the heat, add the onion and leeks and cook until they have softened. Lower the heat..
- Add the butter and let it melt. Then add the flour, mix properly. Slowly add the milk, stirring constantly to ensure the mixture doesn’t get lumpy..
- Add the chicken stock and peas, cook for 2 mins, then add the mustard and chicken. Bring to the boil..
- Line a greased oven dish with puff pastry. Spoon your filling on top. Brush the edges of the pastry in the pie dish with water, then cover with pastry for the pie topping. Crimp and seal the edges and use any off-cuts for decoration. Brush with the beaten egg, then make an X-shaped cut in the middle for steam to escape..
- Bake for 45 mins until golden. Rest for 15 minutes before serving.
Seasoning the base vegetable mixture with your favorite blend of dried herbs—sage, basil, oregano, or dill will bump up the flavor quotient. In a large food processor, pulse flour, baking powder, and salt until combined. Place potatoes and carrots in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Chicken pie filling can be frozen for up to three months. Add pastry to the defrosted filling and bake until the pastry is cooked through and the filling is piping hot.