Chicken Pie. Chicken pie is proper comfort food for a family dinner. Warm up winter evenings with a hearty, gluten-free chicken and leek pie. This wheat-free dinner is perfect for feeding those with special.
A collection of gorgeous, golden chicken pie recipes from some of Britain's greatest chefs. From easy chicken and mushroom pie to spectacular pithiviers. Chicken and mushroom pie is a common British pie, ranked as one of the most popular types of savoury pie in Great Britain and often served in fish and chips restaurants. You can have Chicken Pie using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Pie
- It’s of whole chicken grilled.
- You need of olive oil.
- Prepare of streaky bacon, chopped.
- Prepare of onion, chopped.
- Prepare of leaks, sliced into rounds.
- You need of frozen peas.
- It’s of english mustard.
- Prepare of butter.
- You need of plain flour.
- You need of milk.
- You need of chicken stock.
- It’s of egg, beaten, to glaze.
- It’s of roll puff pastry.
The outside is usually a full top and bottom crust. This homemade chicken pot pie recipe streamlines your work by using frozen peas and carrots and Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crusts. Swap out chicken for turkey or try a different frozen veggie combo. This classic Chicken Pot Pie is filled with tender pieces of chicken, carrot, celery, potato, and herbs.
Chicken Pie instructions
- Remove the chicken skin and de-bone the chicken. Cube the chicken..
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- In a large, non-stick frying pan, heat the oil, then fry the bacon. Once browned, reduce the heat, add the onion and leeks and cook until they have softened. Lower the heat..
- Add the butter and let it melt. Then add the flour, mix properly. Slowly add the milk, stirring constantly to ensure the mixture doesn’t get lumpy..
- Add the chicken stock and peas, cook for 2 mins, then add the mustard and chicken. Bring to the boil..
- Line a greased oven dish with puff pastry. Spoon your filling on top. Brush the edges of the pastry in the pie dish with water, then cover with pastry for the pie topping. Crimp and seal the edges and use any off-cuts for decoration. Brush with the beaten egg, then make an X-shaped cut in the middle for steam to escape..
- Bake for 45 mins until golden. Rest for 15 minutes before serving.
It's cozy comfort food that's wonderful in the winter! If you're looking for a hearty recipe to make for. This Chicken Pie recipe has everything you need in a creamy chicken pie. Moist, tasty, home cooked chicken, added vegetables and a light chicken pie sauce made with the chicken stock. This chicken pot pie recipe is loaded with flavor.