Okra stew. Best Beef Okra Stew Recipe : Lebanese style okra stew. Okro stew (or okra stew) is one of the best accompaniments to banku, one of Ghana's national dishes. The main components of okro stew are a tomato stew base made with red palm fruit oil, onions.
Okra is one of those vegetables that people seem to either love or hate. If you aren't a fan, this recipe for stewed okra with tomatoes may change your mind. Bamies latheres me domata (stewed okra in. You can have Okra stew using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Okra stew
- It’s of fresh green okra or, frozen.
- You need of beef or lamb meat – cubes.
- Prepare of Tomato sauce \ juice.
- You need of garlic – minced.
- You need of fresh green coriander – chopped.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Beef broth (as you like the sauce concistansy).
- Prepare of Tomato paste.
- It’s of drizzle of cinnamon.
Classic southern stewed okra and tomatoes, with bacon, bell pepper, onions, celery, okra and Photography Credit: Elise Bauer. There's a reason why the Southern dish of stewed okra and. Add the reserved okra, the chicken stock, and tomatoes and let the bring to a boil. Stir in the rice and reduce the heat to maintain a simmer.
Okra stew instructions
- Boil meat with all the aromatic herbs and spices (cardamom, bay leaves, 1 small onion, cinnamon sticks,…..), Untill it is well done.
- Trim okra head, and wash well, then let to dry completely.(This in case of green fresh okra).if you are using frozen okra use directly..
- Deep fry okra untill it is golden brown. If you want to cook it in a healthy way with out using too much oil then follow my recipe.
- Heat 2 tbsp vegetable oil in a cooking pot, add half the amount of minced garlic and chopped coriander, stir untill fragrant.
- Add Okra and toss with out using a spoon.
- Add tomato sauce\ juice, salt, cinnamon, 1 tbsp lemon juice tomato paste, and part of the garlic and Coriander quentety bring to a boil, cover the pot and leave on medium low heat.
- When okra is cooked, add add the rest quentety of garlic and Coriander, drizzle of cinnamon and lemon juice, leave 5 minutes..
- Take off heat. Serve hot with cooked vermicelli rice.
A guide on how to cook Gambian superkanja (supa kanja) also know as Okra Stew. The page includes cooking ingredients, method and prepartation as well as a picture of the finished dish. Stewed Okra and Tomatoes. by foodnetworkrecipes. Quimbombó con Carne de Puerco y Boli tas de Plátano/Okra Stew with Pork and Plantain Dumplings. Quimbombó may refer to both the pods and the prepared stew in all of its variations.