Lambs’ Kidneys in Mustard, Cream & White Wine.
You can have Lambs’ Kidneys in Mustard, Cream & White Wine using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lambs’ Kidneys in Mustard, Cream & White Wine
- You need 12 of lambs’ kidneys.
- Prepare 80 g of butter.
- It’s 4 of banana shallots, chopped.
- It’s 1 of leek, chopped.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- It’s 4 rashers of unsmoked back bacon, in small pieces.
- Prepare 125 g of chestnut mushrooms, chopped.
- It’s 200 ml of dry white wine.
- You need 100 ml of vegetable stock.
- You need 2 tbsp of Dijon mustard.
- It’s 200 ml of double cream.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried tarragon.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Ground black pepper.
- You need Handful of fresh parsley, chopped.
Lambs’ Kidneys in Mustard, Cream & White Wine instructions
- Clean and prepare the kidneys..
- Put 30 g butter in a deep pan and fry the kidneys on a high heat for 1 minute on each side to just brown. Drain and set aside until Step 5..
- Wipe out the pan with kitchen paper, then on a medium-high heat fry the shallots and leek in the remaining butter for 3 minutes. Add the garlic, bacon and mushrooms and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add the wine and boil until reduced by half, stirring frequently..
- Stir in the stock, mustard and and cream. Then add back the kidneys. Stir well and after two minutes add the thyme and tarragon. Season to taste: with the bacon salt might not be necessary..
- Give it all one final stir, garnish with the parsley and serve onto your chosen carbs and on hot plates..