Easy mushroom orzo with sausages. This recipe for Orzo with Mushrooms, Scallions and Parmesan has been in my recipe collection for years. It's a delicious combination of tender orzo pasta and plump sautéed mushrooms. Although the ingredients are simple, this pasta dish packs a lot of flavor because the orzo is cooked in chicken.
I had a ton of orzo, and some zucchini. I hope you enjoy this easy Chicken & Sausage Orzo recipe. This orzo risotto has everything right in it: meat, pasta, vegetables, but it only takes one pot. You can cook Easy mushroom orzo with sausages using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy mushroom orzo with sausages
- You need 200 g of orzo pasta.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 6-8 of veggie sausages.
- You need of freshly chopped oregano.
- You need 250 g of mushrooms (I used baby portobellos).
- You need 3 tsp of porcini paste.
- Prepare 2 of large handfuls Parmesan (plus extra to serve).
- Prepare 1 of lemon.
- You need of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Seasoning.
- Prepare 1 of tbsp.
Then, add in the orzo, about half a box. Smoked sausage, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, orzo and parmesan cheese cooked quickly in your pressure cooker. This meal is loaded with flavor and is a Evenly layer the mushrooms and smoked sausage in the bottom of your Instant Pot. Sprinkle in the orzo evenly and then pour in the water.
Easy mushroom orzo with sausages step by step
- Put the sausages in the oven at 180 degrees and cook for 20 minutes. And bring a kettle to the boil..
- Meanwhile finely slice the onion, chop the garlic, slice the mushrooms and chop the oregano. Then heat a tbsp of olive oil In a large pan, add the onion and cook until soft..
- In a separate pot, add the orzo and cover with boiling water. Cook over a medium heat for 9 minutes..
- Coming back to the onions, add the garlic and mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and cook for another 5 minutes until the mushrooms are soft but not soggy. Add the oregano..
- After 9 minutes (no longer as it’ll go soggy), remove the orzo from the heat, drain and add to the pan with the mushrooms. Then stir in the porcini paste, the zest of a lemon and the juice of half a lemon and turn the heat down low..
- Remove the sausages from the oven and chop into pieces. Then add them to the orzo mix. Finally add 2 large handfuls of Parmesan cheese and mix together. I topped mine with purple sprouting broccoli but this is optional. You just have a large green salad..
- Serve with extra olive oil, Parmesan and lemon wedges so people can make it their own..
Mushroom Orzo Pilaf is a quick, creamy and delicious one-pot pilaf with orzo and mushrooms. An easy mushroom recipe your family will love! This pilaf is based on some of my favorite pilaf and risotto meals that my mom makes. I came up with this one-pot creamy orzo chicken sausage recipe one night randomly, as most dinner sometimes seem to be. It's usually me opening up the fridge and I remember I was sent chicken sausage by a company (that now sells at Whole Foods!) to try because they were new to the market.