Chicken, Halloumi & homemade almond pesto (from my homegrown basil 🌿). Turn the block of halloumi on its side and cut it into three to four. The Best Chicken And Halloumi Recipes on Yummly Halloumi's high melting point makes it crispy when grilled, rather than melting all over the place.
Remove the chicken and place to one side until it is cool enough to handle. Set aside the stock, then pull the meat off the chicken and shred it into a bowl. Salty bits of halloumi, toasted walnuts and shallots bathed in lemon will enliven this simple yet elegant roast chicken and couscous recipe. You can cook Chicken, Halloumi & homemade almond pesto (from my homegrown basil 🌿) using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken, Halloumi & homemade almond pesto (from my homegrown basil 🌿)
- Prepare 4 of chicken breasts.
- You need 1 block of halloumi cheese.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare of Pesto ingredients.
- Prepare 50 g of fresh basil leaves.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of parmesan cheese.
- It’s 80 g of almonds.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of each: Salt and pepper.
- You need 1 cup of olive oil.
A dash of red-pepper flakes and a few sprigs of oregano make. Halloumi, along with chicken, veggies, and this simple oregano-lemon marinade adds an Eastern Mediterranean/Middle Eastern twist to a classic summer staple. A big hit around my home indeed. Whether you're grilling halloumi, frying halloumi or baking halloumi in the oven, learn how to make perfect golden-brown squeaky cheese every time with our expert guide.
Chicken, Halloumi & homemade almond pesto (from my homegrown basil 🌿) instructions
- Before I start with the recipe please at my beautiful basil leaves 😍.
- Put all the pesto ingredients, except the oil, in a food processor and mix for almost 30 seconds.
- Add half the olive oil and mix for 10 seconds. Then move to a jar and pour the rest the olive oil on top of the pesto.
- Rub the chicken breast with a bit of oil, salt and pepper and place in a baking tray.
- Put 1 tablespoon of the pesto on each breast and top it with the halloumi cheese slices.
- Place in the oven on 200 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove the excess of water from it then place again for another 20 minutes..
- You might want to add the halloumi cheese after baking the chicken for the first 20 minutes. But I enjoyed it like that crispy and tasty..
When the chicken is cooked, top with the halloumi and black olives and grill until the cheese is golden and melting. Serve the chicken sprinkled with basil leaves and with the vegetables on the side. Halloumi Skewers Tasty Chicken Meat Food Essen Meals Buffalo Chicken. My first attempt over the weekend became a slight failure. Unfortunately, my cheese ended up more like a herbed curd cheese than halloumi.