Lamb Casserole with Dumplings. Make this lamb casserole recipe topped with herby dumplings for a traditional British dinner. See more Lamb recipes at Tesco Real Food. This wonderfully flavoured lamb casserole with herb dumplings is a delicious weeknight family meal that everyone will love.
Melt the butter in a small saucepan on the stove over low heat. Thirty minutes before the end of cooking make the dumplings by combining all the ingredients to form a. A hearty beef casserole using cubes of shin or chuck steak served with herb dumplings. You can have Lamb Casserole with Dumplings using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lamb Casserole with Dumplings
- Prepare 1 kg of boneless lamb shoulder, diced.
- You need 2 of leeks, sliced.
- You need 3 of carrots, peeled and sliced.
- Prepare 3 of celery stalks, sliced.
- You need 2 of onions, peeled and sliced.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 1 of oxo cube.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 650 ml of stock (I use 2 Knorr Chicken stock pots).
- You need of For the dumplings:.
- Prepare 45 g of butter, diced (plus extra for glazing).
- Prepare 150 g of self-raising flour.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need 4 tbsp of fresh parsley and chives, finely chopped.
- Prepare 75 ml of milk.
Cook a hearty and unctuous lamb casserole and top it all off with Nick Nairn's tasty side dishes. Put the cubes of lamb in a plastic bag with the seasoned flour and give the bag a good shake so that the meat becomes well coated with the flour. Lamb Beef Veal Goat Ramadan Recipe Collection Easy Home Cooking Recipes. Simmer the casserole gently and taste it to see if it's ready.
Lamb Casserole with Dumplings instructions
- Preheat oven to 160°C/140°C fan. Heat 2 tbsp of rapeseed oil in a overproof casserole dish, over a medium high heat. Add the lamb and brown all over you may need to do this in 2 or 3 batches..
- Add the leek, carrot, celery, onion and garlic to the lamb, stir until combined. Add the Oxo, garlic powder and paprika, then the stock. Cover dish with a lid, then place in the oven and cook for 1¾ hours..
- When the lamb has been cooking for 1½ hours, make the dumplings. Place the flour in a medium bowl, add the butter and rub it into the flour. Lightly beat the egg then add with the herbs and milk into the centre of the flour. Bring together to make a soft and sticky dough..
- Remove the dish from the oven, stir the lamb well, season to taste. Drop rounded dessertspoons of the dumpling mixture on top of the lamb mixture about 2cm apart, then brush with a little more melted butter..
- Return the dish to the oven. Cook, uncovered, for about 20 minutes or until the dumplings are browned and cooked through..
Stir occasionally and adjust the heat as it Note: The herb dumplings will not cook as well a slow cooker (due to the low temperature), so best to omit them. Heat fat in a frying pan and fry the cutlets with onion. Keep the meat in a casserole or baking dish. Hong Kong Style Chinese Braised Lamb Casserole (or zhi zhu yangrou bao, 枝竹羊肉煲) is a popular Cantonese dish perfect for the last few winter months. The subtle flavor of the casserole really lets the individual ingredients shine through–a telltale sign of a good, traditional Cantonese dish.