Oxtail stew. Deliciously rich oxtail stew recipe, with oxtails braised in red wine and stock, with onions, parsnips, and carrots. This Oxtail Stew from Delish.com is rich, SUPER flavorful, with fall-off-the-bone-tender meat and creamy butter If you've never had oxtail stew, you're in for a treat. Oxtail stew dishes are a traditional item in various cuisines.
My Oxtail Stew is cooked low and slow with carrots, onions, and spices then served over hot, fluffy rice. Okay, I know I've already lost some of you just based on the recipe title. This really rich oxtail stew recipe makes the most of this economical cut of meat for a British classic. You can cook Oxtail stew using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Oxtail stew
- It’s of oxtail pieces.
- It’s of medium yellow onion.
- Prepare of tomatoes.
- It’s of garlic.
- You need of tblspn tomato paste.
- Prepare of water.
- You need of tblspn sunflower oil.
- You need of tspn steak and chops spice.
- Prepare of tspn pepper.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Parsley to garnish.
Wash the oxtail pieces and pat dry with kitchen paper. Slow cooked, richly flavored Oxtail Stew is the perfect cold-weather one-dish meal. Round out this stew with your favorite hearty bread. Preparing Oxtail stew is a tasty and yummy way to cook oxtails.
Oxtail stew step by step
- Put the oxtail pieces in a pot,add water, add salt, and bring to boil until all the water is reduced.,.
- Next add oil, pepper and steak and chops spice and fry the meat. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and onions fry until softened.
- Next add tomatoes, reduce the heat. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes and set aside to serve.
I got the inspiration from my beef bourguignon recipe, but I tried to make this dish simpler and easier to prepare. This Jamaican Oxtails Recipe is the perfect Caribbean stew for dinner. Delicious and tender oxtail and butter beans that is cooked to perfection. Make it in the Instant Pot or any electric Pressure Cooker. Jamaican Oxtail Stew- This braised oxtail with butter beans not only have a complex note from allspice but also that familiar garlic, thyme, scotch bonnet and onion medley.