Ravioli Ricotta and Mushrooms. Once the vegan ravioli are done cooking, sauté them with mushrooms and spinach (or any greens) and add Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil for some healthy fats and flavor. Try something new in the kitchen and make this Tofu Ricotta Vegan Ravioli with Mushrooms! Serving size depends on how big you want to make your ravioli, but regardless, this recipe makes a lot of pasta.
Season with salt, pepper and parsley. Place ricotta cheese in a blender or food processor; add the mushroom mixture and blend to a smooth paste. Mix the ricotta, taleggio, eggs, parmigiano and parsley in a bowl and season with salt. You can have Ravioli Ricotta and Mushrooms using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ravioli Ricotta and Mushrooms
- It’s of Ravioli.
- Prepare of 00 flour.
- You need of Eggs.
- Prepare of for the stuffing.
- It’s of Mushrooms.
- You need of Cow's milk ricotta.
- Prepare of Parmigiano Reggiano DOP to be grated.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Black pepper.
Transfer the filling to a large pastry bag and refrigerate. Transfer with a skimmer or slotted spoon to the pan with the sauce. While water is coming to a boil, make sauce: Heat large skillet on medium-high. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring constantly until the liquid has evaporated.
Ravioli Ricotta and Mushrooms instructions
- Take the flour and pour it into a bowl together with the beaten eggs. Knead the ingredients well with your hands to create a homogeneous mixture.If the dough is not very elastic add lukewarm water to make the dough softer to be pulled with a rolling pin or with the puff-pulling machine. If on the contrary it turns out sticky, you can add the flour kept aside, gradually..
- Transfer the dough to a work surface and work it energetically, when you have obtained a smooth and homogeneous dough, form a sphere that you will wrap with transparent food film: let the dough rest for 30 minutes. While the pasta rests, take a non-stick pan with a wide bottom into which you will pour the rinsed mushrooms, add thyme, cover and let them cook until they are soft, it will take a couple of minutes..
- Remove thyme then drain the mushroom to eliminate excess liquids, season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl then blend using hand mixer. Pour in the ricotta and parmesan, mix well..
- Roll out the two rectangles of puff pastry on a work surface lightly floured with semolina flour and create small piles of filling with the sac-à-poche.
- Arrange them at about 3 cm from each other sprinkling water on the edges of the sheet (if you prefer you can also brush the edges with a kitchen brush) so that, when you spread the second sheet over it, this will remain more easily attached. Take care to let the air escape between one ravioli and the other, pressing around the filling with your fingers, in order to prevent them from opening when cooking, making the filling leak out..
- When you lay the second sheet of dough, match the edges with the first.Then with a notched cutter wheel, make the 4×4 cm ravioli: you will get about 12 ravioli which you will place on a lightly floured tray with re-milled semolina. Your mushroom ricotta ravioli are now ready! You can then cook them in boiling water and season them as you like, for example with butter, prosciutto, sprinkled with grana padano and truffles on top.
When lukewarm, mix with the ricotta and Pecorino. Lift the ravioli with a slotted spoon, drain and arrange on warmed plates. To prepare sauce, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Vegan ricotta ravioli with a creamy mushroom sauce – what's not to like? If you've never made your own ravioli before, here's a great recipe to master the perfect pasta dough.