Chicken Mince in Abura-age (Thin Fried Tofu).
You can have Chicken Mince in Abura-age (Thin Fried Tofu) using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Mince in Abura-age (Thin Fried Tofu)
- It’s of Abura-age (Thin Fried Tofu).
- You need of Chicken Mince.
- You need of grated Ginger.
- It’s of Spring Onion *finely chopped.
- Prepare of Carrot *cut into small pieces.
- Prepare of Edamame OR Peas.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Sauce.
- You need of Dashi Stock *1 cup Water and 1/2 teaspoon Dashi Powder.
- You need of Soy Sauce.
- It’s of Mirin.
- Prepare of Sugar.
Chicken Mince in Abura-age (Thin Fried Tofu) instructions
- Blanch Carrot and Edamame in boiling salted water, then drain. In a bowl, combine Chicken Mince, Ginger, all Vegetables and Salt. Divide into 6 even portions..
- Wrap Abura-age with paper towel and heat in microwave for 30 seconds. Then press it to remove excess oil if required. *Note: This process is optional, but the heat softens Abura-age and next process will be easier. If you don’t have the microwave, soak in hot water is alternative option. Dry with paper towel..
- Cut each Abura-age in half, carefully open and make bags. Fill each bag with the Chicken mixture and secure with a toothpick..
- Place all the sauce ingredients in a large saucepan or pot, and bring to the boil over medium heat..
- Once the sauce starts boiling, gently place the Abura-age bags in the sauce, cook for 5 minutes. Turn them over, and cook for further 5 minutes. Allow to cool slightly in the sauce..