Korean Fried Chicken. This Korean fried chicken is perfect for any occasion and I'm sure everyone will fall in love with it instantly. Learn how to make it in three simple steps! Korean fried chicken, usually called chikin (치킨, from the English "chicken") in Korea, refers to a variety of fried chicken dishes created in South Korea, including the basic huraideu-chicken.
When made right, even the bones become crunchy enough to eat. Korean Fried Chicken – juicy, yet crispy pieces of chicken coated in a sweet and spicy sauce. An easy fried chicken recipe with a fiery kick making for the perfect meal or appetizer. You can cook Korean Fried Chicken using 29 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Korean Fried Chicken
- Prepare of Chicken and Marinade :.
- You need of chicken breasts – sliced into long thick strips.
- You need of buttermilk.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of white pepper.
- It’s of garlic salt.
- You need of Crispy Coating :.
- It’s of plain flour.
- It’s of salt.
- Prepare of ground black pepper.
- You need of garlic salt.
- It’s of celery salt.
- Prepare of dried thyme.
- Prepare of paprika.
- Prepare of baking powder.
- It’s of chili flakes.
- You need of vegetable oil for deep frying.
- Prepare of Sauce :.
- It’s of gochujang paste.
- You need of honey.
- You need of brown sugar.
- You need of soy sauce.
- Prepare of garlic, peeled and minced.
- It’s of minced ginger.
- It’s of vegetable oil.
- Prepare of sesame oil.
- It’s of spring onion, finely sliced.
- You need of sesame seeds.
- It’s of chili flakes.
Korean Fried Chicken is a deliciously crispy chicken with a super sticky and savory bite you'll love. Korean Fried Chicken is a dish I first tried in New York about. This Korean fried chicken is chicken thighs in a crispy coating that are tossed in a sweet, spicy and savory sauce. A unique meal or snack that's totally delicious!
Korean Fried Chicken instructions
- Place the chicken in a bowl. Add the buttermilk, salt, pepper and garlic salt. Mix together, cover and place in the fridge to marinade for at least 1 hour up to over night..
- Preheat the oven to a low heat (to keep cooked chicken warm). Heat the vegetable oil in a pot on low heat..
- Mix together the crispy coating ingredients in a bowl..
- Take the chicken out of the fridge. Lift a piece from the buttermilk and allow the excess to drip off. Dredge the chicken in the crispy coating mixture – ensuring its fully covered. Place on a tray and repeat until all of the chicken is coated..
- Once the oil hot enough, add in 5-6 of the chicken. You can add more or less depending on the size of your pot, just be sure not to overcrowd the chicken..
- Cook until golden brown and cooked in the middle. Place on a tray in the oven to keep warm whilst you cook the rest of the chicken..
- Meanwhile make the sauce. Place all the sauce ingredients in a saucepan and stir together. Bring to boil, then simmer for 5 minutes until thickened..
- Pour over the crispy chicken and carefully toss together, then top with spring onions, chili flakes and sesame seeds before serving..
This Korean fried chicken (KFC) is double fried until extra crispy, then tossed in a sticky, sweet and spicy sauce. The only Korean Fried Chicken recipe you'll ever need! Korean fried chicken is typically crispy and crunchy, achieved by double-frying and with creative batter mixes. It's a modern Korean take-out food and drinking snack often served with beer and. Double-fried Korean chicken wings stay crunchy for hours after cooking, while leaving the inside moist and tender.