Chicken pot pie. This classic Chicken Pot Pie is filled with tender pieces of chicken, carrot, celery, potato, and herbs. It's cozy comfort food that's wonderful in the winter! A delicious chicken pot pie made from scratch with carrots, peas, and celery for a comfort food Place the chicken mixture in bottom pie crust.
Swap out chicken for turkey or try a different frozen veggie combo. This Chicken Pot Pie recipe is made by poaching uncooked chicken in stock and milk which is then used as the broth for the creamy filling. Or speed things up by using cooked chicken! You can cook Chicken pot pie using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken pot pie
- It’s of large chicken.
- You need of roll of puff pastry.
- Prepare of plain flour.
- You need of egg.
- Prepare of butter.
- You need of whole milk.
- Prepare of Dijon mustard.
- You need of white wine.
- Prepare of Fresh thyme.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
Here's a from-scratch Chicken Pot Pie adapted from Marshall Field's classic recipe. With a slow-cooked chicken, a creamy vegetable filling, and a handmade pie crust, this pot pie is the ultimate. Homemade Chicken Pot Pie could be the king of all comfort foods, and this homemade version is a guaranteed family favorite! I use a homemade pie crust for my chicken pot pie.
Chicken pot pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 180’C and roast chicken. Once it is cooked, debone and skin the chicken..
- Prepare the béchamel. Melt the butter and add 3/4 flour, turning it into a roux. Slowly add the milk, mixing the sauce until smooth. Reduce the heat and add the mustard and garlic. Season the sauce. Let the sauce cook on a low heat and stir the wine in. Let the sauce cool..
- Mix the chicken into the sauce..
- Roll the pastry out using the remainder flour. Pour the filling into the pastry. Fold the edges over and egg wash the crust. Sprinkle thyme on top before baking..
- Bake until pastry is golden and cooked through. Let the pie rest and then remove from tin, ready for serving..
- Prepare mushrooms. Roast the mushrooms on 160’C and serve with the pie..
- Enjoy with a fresh bowl of salad..
Chicken pot pie savory pie filled with cooked chicken, onion, carrot, and peas in a creamy sauce. With a flaky, buttery crust, it's comfort food at its finest. And whiles it's a dish that you can easily source. Chicken pot pie is just so good. Sautéed shallots and thyme, a splash of white wine, creamy chicken, peas, and carrots all baked under a homemade biscuit topping.