Chilli Prawn and Pineapple. Pineapple makes a lot of sense with chilli dishes like this: the perfect match for plump prawns in coconut gravy. Easy BBQ recipe – quick chilli prawns, great party food for a summer BBQ! Juicy prawns in a sweet, spicy, garlicky sauce, this Chilli Garlic Prawns is super quick to make but packs a serious flavour punch!
Stir in chilli flakes, rice, prawns, pineapple, soy sauce and fish sauce and heat through. Garnish with coriander and serve with lime wedges. Try these other triple-tested recipes: Prawn and Vegetable Stir-fry. You can cook Chilli Prawn and Pineapple using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chilli Prawn and Pineapple
- You need 1 of medium onion chopped.
- It’s 4 of red chilies chopped.
- You need 2 of tblsp massaman curry paste.
- It’s 1 cup of pineapple juice.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of fish stock/ prawn heads.
- It’s 2 cups of green beans halved.
- It’s 1 of red pepper chunky chopped.
- Prepare 200 g of baby corn halved lengthwise.
- You need 1 of small pineapple chopped.
- You need 400 g of prawns.
- Prepare 2 of tblsp coriander chopped.
Coconut and pineapple add a sweet note to this flavour-packed dish made with Laotian curry paste. For the pineapple, prawn and scallop curry, heat the oil in a wok and gently fry the curry paste for a minute until fragrant. Prawns cooked with pineapple and capsicums and served in a pineapple boat. Pineapple prawn curry or 'udang masak lemak nanas' originates from the Peranakan cuisine.
Chilli Prawn and Pineapple step by step
- On medium heat fry onion and chilli. Once soft add curry paste and fry till fragrant. Add pineapple juice and water and prawn heads (or stock) bring to boil and simmer for 8-10 minutes..
- Add red pepper, green beans, baby corn and stir. Remove prawn heads. Add pineapple and simmer for 5 minutes. Add prawns and cover. Cook for 90 seconds..
- Add coriander, and remove from heat and stir. Season with salt and pepper and serve hot 🤩.
The combined flavours of sweetness and tartness from the pineapple infused with the curry is a delight to savour. Prawns and pineapple are the perfect combination; they are joined by capsicum, chilli, onion and garlic which are the foundations to a sweet and sour style sauce. Chilli prawns recipe with video – Indo chinese style chilli prawns that can be served as a starter or a side with fried rice or Chinese style Noodles or simple Pasta dishes. This chilli prawns recipe is roughly adapted from the chilli chicken recipe on the blog except I haven't deep fried the prawns here. Coriander, thinly sliced long green chilli, finely grated lime rind, toasted coconut flakes and lime wedges, to serve.