Harissa spiced cauliflower with lemon and mint chicken and lentils. Love the spice.this would quickly become a favorite lunch around here. This isn't your typical chicken dinner. Pinch freshly cracked black Spread cauliflower mixture around the chicken in a single layer on the pan.
If you're not familiar with harissa, it's a blend of chiles, spices, garlic, and olive oil. It livens up simple chicken and veggies in this sheet-pan dinner! The lemon and onions become very soft, so their sweet and tart flavors mingle in the dish, and the chicken skin is crisp with. You can cook Harissa spiced cauliflower with lemon and mint chicken and lentils using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Harissa spiced cauliflower with lemon and mint chicken and lentils
- It’s of Chicken.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves – crushed but skin left on.
- It’s 1 of large or 2 small chicken breasts.
- You need of Juice of 1 lemon.
- You need 1 tsp of chopped mint leaves.
- It’s 1 tsp of chopped parsley leaves.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need of Cauliflower.
- You need 1 head of cauliflower.
- It’s 1 tbsp of harissa spice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need of Lentils.
- It’s 1 of pouch of puy lentils.
- It’s 1 1/2 of sweet peppers.
- It’s 2 of spring onions chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of chopped mint.
- You need 1 tsp of chopped parsley.
- It’s of Juice 1/2 lemon.
- It’s of Drizzle of olive oil.
- You need of Seasoning.
- It’s 1 tbsp of yogurt (optional).
Harissa Chicken paired with rice is a Tunisian inspired recipe that uses a sweet/smokey red chili pepper paste to create a bold, spicy and flavorful dish. This harissa chicken recipe uses harissa paste as the main ingredient along with fresh garlic paste, olive oil and a few other spices. Add cumin, paprika, salt, pepper, and harissa. Roast chicken is a family favourite recipe.
Harissa spiced cauliflower with lemon and mint chicken and lentils instructions
- Cut the chicken into large strips, add all of the ingredients and some salt and pepper. Cover and leave in the fridge for 45mins-1hr.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Chop the cauliflower into florets, drizzle with olive oil and harissa spice. Mix until completely coated. And put in the oven for 40 minutes or until soft..
- Chop the pepper into three halfs and place on the shelf next to the cauliflower. Cooks for 20-30 minutes until the skin starts to blister. Then remove and set aside to cool..
- Now prepare your lentils. Cook the pouch according to the packet instructions and leave to cool. Meanwhile chop the herbs, spring onions and slice the peppers. Mix together in a bowl with the lemon juice, olive oil and season to taste..
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven. And prepare the chicken by heating a large pan (ideally a grill pan but I didn’t have one). Fry the chicken over a medium heat until golden brown on one side (roughly 2mins). Turn over and cook until golden brown on the other side too. Once cooked (cut a piece open to check), remove from the heat..
- Assemble your salad and drizzle with natural yogurt, olive oil or whatever else you fancy..
This version adds a bit of spice with harissa and is diabetes friendly, gluten and dairy-free. The roasted cauliflower and chickpeas add texture and a welcome fibre boost. This roast chicken is perfect for a family of four to six people, or you can use leftovers the. This roasted cauliflower dish is something that I threw together when I had no idea what to cook for lunch one day. I stared into my refrigerator, and the only things that caught my eye were a head of cauliflower, a jar of harissa and maple syrup.