Marinaded BBQ chicken thighs. These Delicious Chicken Thigh Marinades are perfect for boneless, skinless chicken. We have recipes for Asian, Chipotle, Greek, Balsamic and Honey Dijon. Add your marinated chicken thighs, ensuring the dividers are high enough to separate any excess liquid from each marinade.
My family LOVES this on boneless skinless chicken thighs, grilled on the bbq!! My favorite BBQ thermometer is the ThermoWorks with professional Type K thermocouple probes. I chose this thermometer because it can take high heat. You can cook Marinaded BBQ chicken thighs using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Marinaded BBQ chicken thighs
- You need 650 g of chicken thighs, bone in.
- It’s of Dry marinade.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- You need 2 teaspoons of paprika.
- You need 2 teaspoons of garlic powder.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoon of mustard powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of oregano.
- You need 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ginger.
- You need of Wet marinade.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 2 sprigs of rosemary.
- You need 50 ml of white wine vinegar.
- Prepare 50 ml of soy sauce.
- You need 50 ml of red wine.
- You need 1 of chilli.
This marinade works well for all pieces — breast, thighs, or drumsticks — but my favorite trick for grilled chicken breast is to flatten it slightly for more Marinate for one hour to overnight. Marinades are effective with as little as an hour of soak time, but an overnight soak (or marinating in the freezer). Marinate chicken thighs in BBQ for a tender and flavorful meal from Chungah Rhee of Damn Delicious. Marinating chicken infuses it with flavor and keeps it moist while you cook it.
Marinaded BBQ chicken thighs step by step
- Pierce the chicken thighs a few times with a sharp knife. This will help the marinade penetrate the meat..
- Mix the dry marinade ingredients in a large bowl and add the chicken thighs. Ensure they are coated well with the mixture, cover and leave in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Once the dry marinade has rested for 30 minutes, mix the wet marinade together and pour over the chicken thighs. Leave to marinade for at least 1 hour, preferably longer and ideally overnight. You may need to occasionally stir the chicken in the marinade to ensure it's absorbing all the flavour..
- Preheat the oven to 160°c, 320°f or gas mark 3 and cook the chicken for 45 mins, until cooked though and the juices run clear..
- Finish the chicken thighs on the BBQ for 15 mins to caramelise the marinade on the chicken. Baste with the remaining marinade from cooking..
- If you don't want to finish on the BBQ you can pop the chicken under the grill to achieve a similar effect..
To marinate chicken, you'll need to make a marinade using oil, vinegar or another acidic ingredient, and plenty The same marinades taste great with chicken breasts, thighs, legs, or wings. In this recipe, I used boneless chicken thigh, but you can use boneless breast or a combination of both parts. The bite size boneless chicken pieces marinate and cook quickly, making this dish a good option for a busy weeknight meal. If you want to use this recipe for outdoor grilling, cut the chicken. Because marinating does practically nothing to chicken, so there's no need to fret about how long you do it, or even whether you do it at all.