Chicken pie. Chicken pie is proper comfort food for a family dinner. Warm up winter evenings with a hearty, gluten-free chicken and leek pie. This wheat-free dinner is perfect for feeding those with special.
A collection of gorgeous, golden chicken pie recipes from some of Britain's greatest chefs. From easy chicken and mushroom pie to spectacular pithiviers. Chicken and mushroom pie is a common British pie, ranked as one of the most popular types of savoury pie in Great Britain and often served in fish and chips restaurants. You can have Chicken pie using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken pie
- Prepare of Ready roll pastry.
- You need of Leftover roast chicken (1/4 to 1/4).
- Prepare 2 sticks of celery.
- Prepare 2 of medium carrots.
- You need 2 tablespoons of frozen peas.
- You need 2/3 pint of White sauce.
- Prepare 2 tsp of chicken gravy granules.
- Prepare of Small tin of sweetcorn.
- You need of Egg to glaze pastry.
- You need of Small red onion.
The outside is usually a full top and bottom crust. This homemade chicken pot pie recipe streamlines your work by using frozen peas and carrots and Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crusts. Swap out chicken for turkey or try a different frozen veggie combo. This classic Chicken Pot Pie is filled with tender pieces of chicken, carrot, celery, potato, and herbs.
Chicken pie step by step
- Dice the onion celery and carrots and soften them in a saucepan in a little oil.
- Add the shredded chicken meat, peas and sweetcorn. Make sure you dont add skin or bones from the chicken carcass..
- In a separate pan make a white sauce and add a couple of spoons of gravy granules. Pour this into the other pan with the other hot ingredients and give it a good stir..
- Add the mixture to a pie dish. Dont forget to sit a pie whistle in the middle to help the steam escape..
- Top the dish with the ready rolled pastry, either short crust of puff works well. Brush with beaten egg..
- Put into the oven until the pastry goes golden brown..
- When you take it out of the oven give it a minute or two to cool before serving. Goes well with mash..
It's cozy comfort food that's wonderful in the winter! If you're looking for a hearty recipe to make for. This Chicken Pie recipe has everything you need in a creamy chicken pie. Moist, tasty, home cooked chicken, added vegetables and a light chicken pie sauce made with the chicken stock. This chicken pot pie recipe is loaded with flavor.