Chicken in walnut pomegranate gravy(fesenjan). Heat some oil in the pot. This Chicken Stew with Walnut and Pomegranate Sauce recipe is a classic preparation in Persian cooking, going by the name "Fesenjan". Chicken pieces are first browned and then slowly cooked in a sauce with ground toasted walnuts and pomegranate molasses.
For the Gravy Paste Once the chicken is cooked, add the walnut gravy to it and add half cup chicken stock for the best. Celebrate Persian New Year with this chicken-centric paleo version of a traditional stew, featuring a naturally sweet and sour pomegranate sauce and earthy eggplant. A great and easy recipe for a traditional Persian dish, Fesanjan or Pomegranate and Walnut Braised Chicken. You can have Chicken in walnut pomegranate gravy(fesenjan) using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken in walnut pomegranate gravy(fesenjan)
- Prepare of boneless chicken breast cut to 2.5 cm cubes.
- Prepare of raw walnuts, grinded.
- Prepare of onion, finely chopped.
- You need of teaspoon turmeric powder.
- It’s of saffron.
- Prepare of Black pepper, optional.
- Prepare of pomegranate paste(depends how tick it is).
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Cooking oil.
Any of these parties worth their weight would have phenomenal food, like amazing Saffron Kebabs , tons of kumquats , and lots and lots of Khoresh-e Fesenjān aka Fesenjān aka. Tender chicken is cooked in a walnut pomegranate sauce and served over steamed saffron rice. Fall is the pomegranate season, and I feel it is the perfect time to share my Fesenjan, or Fesenjoon recipe (chicken stew with walnut and pomegranate sauce). Try this Fesenjan (Pomegranate Walnut Chicken) recipe, or contribute your own.
Chicken in walnut pomegranate gravy(fesenjan) step by step
- Heat some oil in the pot. Saute onions until they change the colour. Add turmeric and chicken and salt and pepper. Saute until chicken no more pink..
- Add grinded walnuts and saute for couple of minutes. Now add enough ice water. Cover the pot and let the chicken half cooked slowly with medium low flame..
- Now add pomegranate paste and continue for another 2 hours or until stew is rich and dark in colour and oil from walnuts come out..
- Serve Fesenjan with steamed white rice..
Known in Iran as Fesenjan, this Pomegranate Chicken with Walnut dish is considered a special occasion dish and is supposed to be thick and rich, with a sweet and sour flavor. Sometimes made with pomegranate molasses, or this case, pomegranate juice, the gravy relies on ground walnuts for its. Notes: Pomegranate molasses, sometimes called pomegranate syrup, is available in most Middle Eastern markets. It has the color and consistency of molasses but is simply reduced pomegranate juice, without added sugar. A delicious recipe for Fesenjan, a Persian Walnut Pomegranate Stew with chicken or chickpeas, or both!