Coconut Chicken Curry.
You can have Coconut Chicken Curry using 23 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Coconut Chicken Curry
- It’s of marinade.
- Prepare of chicken thighs (without skin), boneless.
- Prepare of greek yoghurt (I used low fat).
- You need of hot chilli powder.
- Prepare of garam masala.
- You need of garlic paste.
- It’s of ginger paste.
- It’s of Method- Poke your chicken thighs with a knife to absorb flavours.
- Prepare of Mix the poked chicken with all of the above (yoghurt + spices).
- Prepare of Leave to marinate for at least 1hour (pic below).
- It’s of to cook.
- Prepare of large onion, finely chopped.
- It’s of garam masala.
- Prepare of curry powder.
- Prepare of sugar (I used brown sugar).
- Prepare of full fat coconut milk (canned).
- You need of water.
- Prepare of chopped tomatoes (300g).
- You need of red curry paste.
- It’s of red chilli, halved (optional, I like mine with a slight kick!).
- It’s of garlic paste.
- Prepare of ginger paste.
- You need of coriander leaves.
Coconut Chicken Curry step by step
- For the marinade, mix the poked chicken with the yoghurt, and all the other marinade ingredients listed above. Leave to marinate for at least 1hour..
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil on medium-high heat. Put the chicken pieces in- sear for 3 mins on each side. Do it in 2 batches to avoid overcrowding the pan. Remove from pan. Then half each thigh to equal sizes. Set aside.
- Use the same oil that you seared the chicken, add chopped onions, 1tsp red chilli paste, 1 tsp garam masala, 2 tsp curry powder, 1 red chilli halved (optional). Mix and sauter until onions browned..
- Then add 1 can/tin of chopped tomatoes, 1 tsp ginger paste, 1 tsp garlic paste, pinch of salt. Mix all. Then add 300ml Water and stir. Cover pan and let simmer on medium high heat for 10 mins. Stir occasionally..
- Once tomato sauce cooked, add the chicken pieces and stir with cooked sauce. Still on medium heat, cover and let the chicken cook in the sauce for 7 mins..
- Then remove lid from pan and let chicken cook (uncovered) for another 7 mins. Add 2 tsp of sugar. Mix.
- Then, add 300ml coconut milk, and mix with chicken sauce. Let cook on medium heat uncovered for 20-25 mins to thicken the sauce..
- Once the sauce has thickened, your chicken is ready! Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve with rice 🧡 Bon appetit!!.