Chicken in Yoghurt Sauce. A simple chicken shawarma recipe with tender, smokey and flavorful chicken and a salty garlic and lemon yogurt sauce served over crisp veggies and warm pita bread. MORE+ LESS Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and cinnamon. So the yogurt makes this healthier than if you used cream, of course, and it's just SO EASY.
Mix chicken with yogurt and spices. The yogurt in the marinade gives the chicken both its tender texture and its alluring char. More yogurt in the sauce, along with crunchy cucumbers and herbs, keeps the flavors bright. You can have Chicken in Yoghurt Sauce using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken in Yoghurt Sauce
- You need of chicken pieces.
- It’s of oil.
- Prepare of larg onions sliced.
- It’s of ginger.
- You need of garlic.
- It’s of yoghurt lightly beaten.
- Prepare of black cardamom, 6 cloves, 2inch cinamon.
- You need of cashews.
- You need of lime juice.
- You need of egg lightly beaten.
- You need of salt.
- It’s of chilli powder, tumeric.
- It’s of water.
Try this easy recipe for yogurt garlic sauce that is often used for shawarma or over meat. If you've ever dined at a Middle Eastern, Greek, Mediterranean, or continental cuisine restaurant, you may have found that your order for a breaded chicken cutlet, kebab, or other meat arrived with a tangy sauce. These Grilled Chicken Kabobs are marinated in lemon juice, olive oil, za'atar, and garlic and served with a cucumber yogurt sauce on the side. I added cucumber, lemon juice, fresh mint and dill to the yogurt, to create a super simple sauce that goes perfectly with the grilled chicken.
Chicken in Yoghurt Sauce instructions
- Heat oil in a pan, add onions and cook until lightly golden brown, drain onions from oil, grind along with ginger, garlic, chilli powder, tumeric. Mix half of this with yoghurt and rub onto the chicken pieces and set aside..
- Heat 1 tbsp oil, add whole spices and fry for a minutes, and pour over the chicken. Heat remaining oil, add remaining spices and stir fry until oil separates, now add the chicken mix and fry for 5-7 minutes until dry, add water and cook until chicken is tender. meanwhile make a paste of cashew with some water, once chicken is cooked, stir this paste and remove pan from heat..
- Add lime juice and beaten egg and stir well until the egg coagulates and disperses in the gravy. Garnish with cilantro and serve..
Chicken in yogurt sauce is a Indian dish. chicken is simmered in a creamy fragrant sauce with onion, garlic, ginger and bay leaves. In small bowl place drained yogurt, discarding paper towel. Add several tablespoons cooking liquid and whisk. Reduce the heat under the casserole to low and whisk yogurt into the pan. Souvlaki!) served with warm flatbread and tangy yogurt sauce.