'V' Garlic Prawns with Sweet chilli sauce..and Fried Rice..
You can cook 'V' Garlic Prawns with Sweet chilli sauce..and Fried Rice. using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of 'V' Garlic Prawns with Sweet chilli sauce..and Fried Rice.
- You need 300 grams of uncooked rice…(I used jasmine rice).
- It’s 2 large of Eggs.
- You need 2 tsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 6 of spring onions, finely sliced.
- It’s 1 of Few drops if soya sauce.
- It’s 1 of Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- You need 1 of *OPTIONAL EXTRAS*.
- You need 100 grams of frozen peas or garden peas thawed.
- Prepare 100 grams of canned or frozen sweetcorn, thawed.
- It’s 1 of now at this stage , you can either add 1 cooked chicken breast ..or as i did add 250/300 grams of giant prawns.
'V' Garlic Prawns with Sweet chilli sauce..and Fried Rice. step by step
- Cook the rice in plenty of lightly salted boiling water. I add tumeric to the water as I like my rice yellow in colour ..if I'm having chicken I put a chicken stock cube (bullion) in water with the rice …. or fish stock cube with the rice if I'm having prawns, shrimp or salmon just for extra flavour.
- boil the rice for about 12 minutes, until tender. Drain well, rince in cold water and leave for 15-20 minutes to drain thoroughly in a colander..
- Beat the eggs and sesame oil together. Set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan or wok and add the spring onions, stir fry them for 2-3 minutes until softened. Add the cold cooked rice and any optional extras and stir-fry over a medium high heat for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Tip the beaten egg mixture and stir everything together until the eggs are set. Season with soy sauce and black pepper then serve.
- *TIP*….you can cook the rice the day before. but be sure to keep it covered and refrigerated once you have rinsed it with cold water..
- *The Prawns…..put 75 grams of garlic butter..or ordinary butter and add 2 crushed cloves of garlic or lazy garlic to your taste in a frying pan and toss prawns in until cooked ..careful not to overcook..
- Serve on top of rice and sprinkle some sweet chill sauce on top (optional).
- this amount serves 4.. I just made half the quantity..