Pastitsio. Pastitsio is a favorite traditional Greek dinner recipe. It's a Greek version of lasagna- characterized How do you make Pastitsio? It's layered just like traditional Italian lasagna.
The Best Greek Pastitsio recipe (Pastichio)! An authentic Greek Lasagna dish to recreate this For the traditional pastitsio / Pasticcio recipe, layers of pasta, juicy minced beef and velvety béchamel. Pastitsio is a creamy, cheesy pasta dish that is sometimes called Greek lasagna, but it's made with large tubular pasta. You can cook Pastitsio using 24 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pastitsio
- It’s of various grated cheese or kefalotiri cheese.
- You need of macaroni No3 (usually long, thick, hollow pasta).
- You need of butter.
- You need of For the mince layer.
- Prepare of ground beef.
- It’s of large onion, finely chopped.
- It’s of olive oil.
- Prepare of fresh ripe tomatoes, chopped.
- You need of Passata.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of pepper.
- It’s of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare of water.
- Prepare of red wine.
- It’s of For the bechamel sauce.
- You need of flour.
- Prepare of butter or margarine.
- It’s of eggs.
- Prepare of evaporated milk.
- Prepare of water (use the now empty milk can).
- You need of grated cheese (this portion is taken from the 500 g grated earlier).
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of pepper.
- You need of level tsp ground nutmeg.
Pastitsio is a Greek pasta bake made with pasta, meat sauce and bechamel sauce. Learn how to make pastitsio recipe with step-by-step tutorial and video. The Pastitsio (or Pastichio) is a famous Greek pasta bake with a spiced meat sauce and a silky Nothing speaks family dinner better than Pastitsio! You may also know it as Greek pasta bake, and.
- Boil the pasta in salted water..
- Strain the pasta using a colander and rinse with cold water..
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in the pot and return the pasta into the pot tossing it well to coat it with the melted butter. Leave it aside to cool..
- Preparing the mince Sauté the onion and mince in the heated oil until the mince is browned..
- Add the fresh tomatoes, passata, salt, pepper, nutmeg, water, and allow to simmer for approximately 40 minutes (or until most of the liquid is reduced). Just before removing the mixture from the heat, add the wine. Let the mince mixture to cool..
- To prepare the bechamel sauce Melt the margarine in a saucepan over medium heat, and add the flour, whisking constantly till flour is lightly browned..
- While whisking constantly, pour in slowly the evaporated milk, water, eggs, salt, pepper, nutmeg and finally add the grated cheese. As soon as the sauce thickens, remove from heat and allow it to cool..
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C..
- In a well greased ovenproof dish, place 2/3 of the pasta to create a bottom layer. Level out and sprinkle with some of the remaining 200g grated cheese..
- Next spread the mince on top of the pasta..
- Cover the mince with the remaining pasta, and more of the grated cheese..
- Cover the whole pastitsio with the bechamel sauce, and sprinkle with the remaining cheese, which will add extra flavour as well as a golden colour to the finished dish..
- Place dish in the pre-heated over and bake for approximately 1 hour..
Greek lasagna from my friend's Greek grandma ~ layers of cinnamon-lace beef, Kasseri cheese and creamy béchamel sauce. A classic pastitsio recipe – layers of ziti pasta with a beef and lamb sauce, bechamel and loads of A couple of weeks ago, I was doing just that when I saw a saved recipe for pastitsio – a Greek version. Pastitsio is a taverna favorite made with layers of noodles, a deeply flavored lamb and tomato sauce and a savory custard. A baked Greek pasta with flavorful lamb (or beef) bolognese & nutmeg-infused bechamel. Greek Pastitsio – baked pasta dish by Greek chef Akis Petretzikis.