Chapor ghanto -a traditional bengali dish, it has been lost now. Heat the milk till it 's boiled. Mix with maida and keep it aside to cool down. Add elaichi powder in tge mixture.
You can cook Chapor ghanto -a traditional bengali dish, it has been lost now using 20 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chapor ghanto -a traditional bengali dish, it has been lost now
- You need of chhole.
- It’s of chana dal.
- You need of chopped potato (cube shape).
- Prepare of chopped beans.
- It’s of chopped brinjal (cube shape).
- It’s of chopped pumpkin (cube shape).
- It’s of chopped ridge gourd (cube shape).
- Prepare of chopped parwal (cube shape).
- You need of turmeric powder.
- It’s of jeera powder.
- You need of coriander powder.
- Prepare of garam masala.
- It’s of red chilli powder.
- You need of sugar.
- It’s of ginger paste.
- You need of green chilly paste.
- You need of ghee.
- You need of vegetable oil.
- You need of panch foron.
- Prepare of Salt as per taste.
Chapor ghanto -a traditional bengali dish, it has been lost now step by step
- Soak chana dal and chhole with water in two separate bowls overnight. Next day morning, boil the chana dal and keep aside..
- Now, stain the water from chhole and grind into thick paste if required add little water while grinding. Now in a mixing bowl, add choole paste, pinch of salt and 1/2 tsp green chilly paste. Mix well. Heat a nonstick pan, add oil and wait until oil is hot. Meanwhile, take little portion of chhole paste in palm and using another hand press it a little to give round coin shape. Now shallow fry this, repeat the same steps to fry all the chhole coins which are called chapor here. Keep them aside.
- Now heat a pan, add 1 tbsp ghee. Once ghee is hot, reduce flame to medium. Add panch foron, now add all the veggies, stir for few seconds. Now add ginger paste, green chilly paste, turmeric powder, salt, coriander, jeera, chilly powder. Mix well. Now add garam masala, add boiled chana dal. Add 1/2 cup of water and keep on high flame for cooking, add sugar mix well..
- Once all the veggies are cooked, add the chapor (chhole coins) by breaking them in 2-4 pieces, stire carefully to mix them with the curry. Switch off the flame, add remaining ghee on top. Serve it with steamed rice..