Spicy Potato & Chickpea Soup.
You can have Spicy Potato & Chickpea Soup using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy Potato & Chickpea Soup
- You need of olive oil.
- You need of onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare of garlic cloves, finely chopped or crushed.
- You need of carrot, quartered and thinly sliced.
- Prepare of potatoes, diced.
- You need of ground turmeric.
- It’s of garam masala.
- Prepare of mild curry powder.
- It’s of can chopped tomatoes in juice.
- Prepare of water.
- It’s of can chopped tomatoes in juice(this is your second can of tomatoes, now).
- Prepare of chili paste, or to taste.
- It’s of can chickpeas, rinsed and drained.
- It’s of fresh or frozen peas.
- It’s of salt & pepper (any amount is fine, personal preference).
- It’s of chopped fresh cilantro, to garnish.
Spicy Potato & Chickpea Soup step by step
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onion is beginning to soften..
- Add the carrot, potatoes, turmeric, garam masala, and curry powder and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes..
- Add the tomatoes, water, and chili paste with a large pinch of salt. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add the chickpeas and peas to the pan, continue cooking for about 15 minutes, or until all the vegetables are tender..
- Taste the soup and adjust the seasoning, if necessary, adding a little more chili if wished. Ladle into warm soup bowls and sprinkle with cilantro..