Pecan Log Cookies.
You can have Pecan Log Cookies using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pecan Log Cookies
- You need of flour.
- You need of finely ground pecans.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of butter, at room temperature.
- Prepare of sugar.
- It’s of vanilla extract.
- It’s of heavy cream ** optional see note.
- You need of bowl of cold water.
- You need of finely ground pecans- for rolling/coating.
- You need of semi chocolate.
- It’s of ** I have nerve damage in arm/wrist/hand and I now add heavy/whipping cream to make the dough more pliable and easier to shape.
Pecan Log Cookies instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease it..
- In a small bowl stir flour,ground pecans, and salt until combined..
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and gradually add sugar and beat until fluffy. Add vanilla and beat until smooth and creamy…about 2 minutes..
- Stir in flour mixture with heavy cream (if using) until combined..
- Pinch off pieces of dough with rounded teaspoon. Form dough into a log..
- Dip log in water and then roll in ground pecans to coat, using 1/4 cup of ground pecans at a time so they don't get too wet. Press pecans onto cookie to thoroughly coat. Reshape logs and place on prepared baking sheet..
- Bake for 10- 15 minutes, or until lightly golden. Cool on wire rack..
- Melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler, dip one end of cooled cookie in chocolate and place on baking sheet lined with wax paper. Cool in fridge until chocolate is set..
- Makes 2 1/2 to 4 dozen depending on how large or small you make the logs.