Wonton tacos. Reviews for: Photos of Chicken Wonton Tacos. These Wonton Tacos, inspired by Heart, Mind and Seoul start with some chicken seasoned with taco seasoning and some barbecue sauce. I know barbecue sauce sounds like a strange addition.
These are just like the Wonton Taco's from Applebee's appetizer menu. These tacos consist of stir-fried chicken, coleslaw, red onion, green onion, and cilantro. The best part about these tacos is the. You can have Wonton tacos using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Wonton tacos
- Prepare 1 of lb.Favorite fish.
- It’s of Wontons.
- It’s of Favorite cooking oil.
- It’s of For the fish and sauce.
- Prepare 1 c. of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 of tbls. Seseme oil.
- You need 1 tsp. of Ground ginger.
- It’s 1 tsp. of Ground wasabi powder or mustard powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of crushed chili flakes.
- You need 1 of tbls. Chopped garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbls of toasted seseme seeds.
- You need 1/4 c. of Honey.
- It’s of Now the wonton sauce.
- Prepare 1/8 c. of Toasted seseme dressing.
- You need 1/8 c of fish sauce above.
- You need 2-3 of tbls. Honey.
- You need of Slaw.
- You need 1 bag of already mixed slaw salad.
- You need of Enough cole slaw dressing to coat not drench slaw salad mix.
Fold the wonton wrappers into a triangle formation but do not seal. To make tacos- place a small amount of the chicken mixture into the bottom of the fried wonton. Crispy tacos don't have to be bad for you. These chicken wonton ones are full of protein and light in fat!
Wonton tacos instructions
- Make fish sauce first in small sauce pan mix all ingredients and heat to mix well not boiling. Transfer to heat safe bowl to cool..
- Once cool mix all ingredients for the wonton sauce in separate bowl. The honey will desolve in with slight whipping..
- Now Coat pan with favorite cooking oil about 1tbls.cook fish one side first and spoon small amount of fish sauce, listed above, on top turn to cook other side spoon sauce over other side. Transfer to plate to cool. Dice up fish..
- Coat diced fish with a bit more fish sauce if needed..
- Fry up 16 wontons give or take a few. I fry them in a triangle corner to corner and try to make a slight flat bottom for easy filling.
- Spoon 1-2 tbls fish into wonton shell. Add slaw top top of that and spoon as little or as much of the wonton sauce offer that..
Plus, a serving of four only sets you back. Be the first to review this recipe. The perfect blend of asian seasonings make a perfect wonton taco. Serve these as appetizers, or an entire meal! A less common variant of the wonton variations.