You can cook Matcha Tiramisu using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Matcha Tiramisu
- It’s of x 3 Savoiardi (Sponge Fingers).
- Prepare of Matcha Powder.
- Prepare of Sugar.
- It’s of Hot Water.
- It’s of Rum.
- You need of Matcha Powder for dusting.
- You need of Filling.
- You need of Egg Yolk.
- It’s of Caster Sugar.
- Prepare of Plain Flour.
- You need of Milk.
- It’s of Mascarpone.
- You need of Thickened Cream *whipped.
- It’s of Egg White *FIRMLY whipped.
Matcha Tiramisu step by step
- Make soft custard first. Place Egg Yolk, Caster Sugar, Plain Flour and Milk in a heat-proof bowl and whisk well. Cook in the microwave at medium power about 500W for 2 minutes. Mix well, then cook again at medium power for 30 to 60 seconds, and mix well..
- Note: Naturally you can cook custard in a saucepan. Cook over a medium to low heat, stirring constantly, until custard comes to the boil and thickens..
- Allow the custard to cool, then place in the fridge. While the custard is cooling, whip Egg White and Cream in separate bowls, and prepare other ingredients..
- To make Matcha mixture, combine Matcha Powder and 1 tablespoon Sugar in a small bowl, add hot Water and mix well, then add Rum..
- Combine the cold soft custard and Mascarpone in a bowl. Add whipped Cream and mix well. Then add firmly whipped Egg White and gently fold into the mixture..
- Dip Sponge Fingers into the Matcha mixture, and place them in serving glasses. You can break Sponge Fingers to fit them in. Spoon the filling over the Sponge Fingers..
- Repeat for the second layer with the Sponge Fingers and the filling. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 to 4 hours..
- Right before serving, dust the top with Matcha Powder..
- Note: You can simply replace the Matcha mixture with Espresso, and dust with Cocoa Powder for those who don’t enjoy Matcha flavour..