Tiramisù. Tiramisu (from the Italian language, spelled tiramisù, [ˌtiramiˈsu], meaning "pick me up" or "cheer me up") is a coffee-flavoured Italian dessert. This tiramisu recipe features rum and coffee-soaked ladyfingers layered with mascarpone custard and whipped cream. Borrowed from Italian tiramisù (literally "pick-me-up"). (UK) IPA(key): /ˌtɪɹəmɪˈsuː/. (US) IPA(key): /ˌtɪɹəˈmisu/, /ˌtɪɹəmiˈsu/.
You can have Tiramisù using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tiramisù
- Prepare 300 g of sponge finger biscuits.
- It’s 4 of medium eggs.
- You need 500 g of mascarpone cheese.
- It’s 100 g of sugar.
- You need of Coffee.
- You need of Cocoa powder.
Tiramisù step by step
- Start separating the egg yolks from the whites. Start beating the yolks with half of the sugar until glossy and yellow and then add the mascarpone..
- Once all mixed start beating the white of the eggs and add the other half of the sugar. Mix everything until the whites are nice and firm..
- Mix the whites with the mascarpone base bit by bit being very careful not to take the air out from the whites. Mix the coffee with some water and some sugar. Put a generous spoonful of mascarpone mix on the bottom of the cake container and level it off. Dip the sponge fingers in the coffee and lay them next to each other. Cover them with half of the mascarpone mix and do a second layer of biscuits then cover with the other half of the mix..
- Leave in the fridge to set for at least 2 hours and add cocoa powder before serving..