A Mousse Wanting to Be An Ice Cream Sandwich.
You can cook A Mousse Wanting to Be An Ice Cream Sandwich using 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of A Mousse Wanting to Be An Ice Cream Sandwich
- Prepare of Coconut Mousse.
- Prepare 5 g of Gelatin Powder,.
- It’s 59 g of Water,.
- Prepare 456 g of Coconut Milk,.
- It’s 70 g of Demerara Sugar,.
- You need 480 g of Coconut Cream,.
- It’s 2 TBSP of Desiccated Coconut,.
- Prepare 2 TBSP of Coconut Rum,.
- Prepare of Italian Meringue.
- You need 100 g of Demerara Sugar,.
- It’s 59 g of Water,.
- You need of Egg White, 60g (About 2).
- It’s 1/8 TSP of Cream of Tartar,.
- It’s of Assembly.
- Prepare 6 Slices of Singapore Swirl Bread,.
- You need of Kewpie Mayo, 6 Heaping Spread.
- It’s of Coconut Flakes Lightly Toasted, For Decor.
A Mousse Wanting to Be An Ice Cream Sandwich instructions
- I am not a fan of durian, so I chose cookies & cream. Let's recreate this..
- You can check out my previous recipe for the swirl bread or visit: www.fatdough.sg/post/sg-swirl-bread.
- Prepare coconut mousse. Place pastry rings on a tray lined with parchment paper. Bloom gelatin by adding gelatin into the water. Stir to dissolve and set it aside. In a sauce pot over medium heat, add coconut milk and sugar..
- Stir to dissolve. Add in the bloomed gelatin and stir until fully dissolved. Bring to a boil. Allow it to boil for 2 mins. Remove from heat and set aside to cool down completely. In a large bowl, add in coconut cream..
- Using a hand or stand mixer, whip until foamy. Pop it in the freezer for 2 mins. Take it outta the freezer and continue whipping for another 2 mins. Return it back to the freezer and repeat the steps until the coconut cream is whipped to a thick consistency with soft peaks..
- Fold in half of the coconut milk mixture, desiccated coconut and coconut rum. Continue folding until well combined. Repeat the steps for the remaining half. Once it has comes to 1 complete liquid, transfer into the pastry rings. Freeze overnight..
- Prepare Italian meringue. In a sauce pot, add sugar and water. Swirl to dissolve the sugar. Bring it to 110 degree celsius or 230 fahrenheit..
- Just before it reaches to that desired temperature, whip egg whites and cream of tartar in a large bowl until foamy. Once the syrup reaches that desired temperature, gradually and slowly pour into the egg white mixture while still whipping away. Continue whipping until it is thick and glossy. Transfer into a piping bag..
- You can use any simple tip you desire. Please note that this meringue doesn't go well with any fancy star tip. A side note: Prepare this meringue just when you are about to pipe. It doesn't sit well on the counter.*.
- Assemble the mousse. Using the same pastry ring, cut out discs from the swirl bread. Spread kewpie mayo on 1 side only. Toast, mayo side down, until crispy..
- Transfer onto serving plate toasted side down. Remove the mousse from the freezer. Carefully, using a blow torch to heat up the pastry ring for easy unmolding. Slide the mousse onto the toasted bread..
- Pipe the meringue onto the mousse. Decorate the sides with toasted coconut flakes. Lastly, carefully blowtorch the meringue until lightly browned. Serve immediately..