Sticky Toffee Pudding with Toffee Sauce.
You can have Sticky Toffee Pudding with Toffee Sauce using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sticky Toffee Pudding with Toffee Sauce
- You need of Ingredients for sticky toffee pudding.
- Prepare of pitted dates.
- Prepare of boiling water.
- You need of baking soda.
- You need of golden syrup.
- It’s of soft brown sugar.
- You need of soft butter.
- You need of eggs.
- Prepare of self raising flour.
- It’s of Ingredients for Toffee Sauce.
- Prepare of soft brown sugar.
- You need of warm golden syrup.
- It’s of butter.
- It’s of warm double or whipping cream.
Sticky Toffee Pudding with Toffee Sauce instructions
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. In a pan, bring dates to the boil then add baking soda and golden syrup. Stir through then blitz in blender for 1 minute to puree mixture. Set aside..
- Whisk butter and sugar until it is creamy. Add eggs and whisk then add self raising flour and continue whisking until all well combined..
- Add pureed dates mix into flour mixture and combine all together well with spatula before separating into cake tins or foil cartons. Put in oven for 30-35 minutes..
- For the toffee sauce, add sugar to hot pan until it starts to dissolve then add the warmed golden syrup and combine well. Then add butter and keep stirring. When all combined with sugar crystals broken down, add double cream. Allow to reduce and thicken to required consistency. Add more cream if it gets too thick..
- Use a skewer to pierce numerous holes on top of puddings and pour over toffee sauce. Divide into portions and add more toffee sauce and cream/ice cream..