Individual rhubarb and strawberry crumble. Slices of strawberry and rhubarb are topped with a buttery, brown sugar and oat crumble then baked until golden brown and crunchy. These Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble Bars are a snap to make. The crust doubles as the crumble topping.
This red rhubarb crumble has great eye appeal too! You all know by now how much I love a rustic, family-style dessert. And really, the list of desserts that fit the Enjoy the crumble, I know many of you are seeing rhubarb and strawberries in your markets. You can have Individual rhubarb and strawberry crumble using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Individual rhubarb and strawberry crumble
- It’s of rhubarb.
- It’s of sugar.
- It’s of strawberry jam.
- It’s of butter or margarine.
- Prepare of plain flour.
Looking forward to sharing some highlights (and photos). This quick and easy gluten-free strawberry rhubarb crumble is generously topped with a simple oat-based streusel and is the perfect spring dessert! I'm super excited to be posting this crumble today as it's one of the first recipes I'm sharing from my new cookbook, The Sweet Side of Ancient Grains! recipes. Add strawberries and rhubarb to sugar in bowl; toss to coat well.
Individual rhubarb and strawberry crumble instructions
- Cut rhubarb into 1-2cm pieces and place in the bottom of each ramekin. Add 1-2 tsp strawberry jam depending on the size of the ramekins..
- Add flour and butter or margarine into a bowl and rub in until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs..
- Stir in sugar and spoon over ramekins, dividing the mixture between them..
- Pop into a preheated oven at 170C for 20 minutes or until the topping is golden brown. Set aside to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving as the jammy rhubarb fruit filling will be very hot straight from the oven! Enjoy with custard, cream or icecream as preferred..
Scrape fruit filling into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle oat topping evenly over filling. Serve this quick and easy strawberry-rhubarb crumble warm, topped with a scoop of nonfat frozen yogurt. I did a combination of rhubarb strawberries and blackberries. I used whole wheat flour in the crumble.