Saffron rice pudding(shole zard). Learn how to make this old fashioned golden Persian dessert called Sholeh Zard. A favorite dessert that is flavored and colored with saffron and perfumed Sholeh and Shilah mean a pudding-like texture. This popular Persian dessert is made on all sorts of occasions in.
Elegant and exquisite, it's infused with saffron, cardamom and rose water. Then, on top of that most delicious of flavour combination, comes the. Shole Zard is a sweet Iranian dessert made of saffron, sugar, and rice. You can have Saffron rice pudding(shole zard) using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Saffron rice pudding(shole zard)
- It’s 1 cup of short grain rice.
- It’s 2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare Half of cup rose flower water.
- You need of One-eighth teaspoon saffron.
- It’s Half of cup almond flakes.
- You need of Enough water.
- Prepare of Cinnamon powder.
- Prepare 50 grams of butter.
Shole Zard is a sweet Iranian dessert made of saffron, sugar, and rice. It doesn't take much to make it yourself and you can change it suit your taste, so try it out! This magical, sweet rice pudding called sholeh zard is an aromatic and lovely combination of saffron, cardamom and rosewater. Get the recipe at Food &.
Saffron rice pudding(shole zard) instructions
- Pour half cup hot water on saffron threads in a cup. Cover and let stand before you start cooking..
- Wash the and drain the rice. Cook the rice in enough water until completely cooked and grains open like porridge. If the water finish add some boiling water during cooking rice..
- Now add sugar. Continue for 15 minutes..
- Add butter, almonds, rose flower water and saffron. Continue about 15 minutes. You may need add some boiling water if shole zard is too thick..
- Turn off the heat. Pour shold zard in serving bowl. Sprinke cinnamon powder on top..
- Serve it in room temprature..
Continue cooking the pudding on the stove top on low heat until it is dense. Stirring constantly, pour the rice in a slow thin stream. Stir in the sugar, then add the butter and saffron mixture and continue stirring until the sugar dissolves, the butter has melted and the rice is bright yellow. Persian Saffron Rice Pudding, or Sholeh Zard, is rice pudding like you've never had before. Elegant and exquisite, it's infused with saffron, cardamom and rose water.