Raspberry Lemon Meringue Tart.
You can have Raspberry Lemon Meringue Tart using 23 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Raspberry Lemon Meringue Tart
- It’s of Sable Tart Shell.
- It’s of Almond meal.
- Prepare of Potato Starch.
- It’s of Plain flour.
- Prepare of Icing Sugar.
- It’s of unsalted butter.
- You need of egg.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of Lemon Curd.
- It’s of water.
- Prepare of lemon juice.
- Prepare of sugar.
- Prepare of cornflour.
- You need of egg yolks.
- Prepare of butter.
- It’s of finely grated lemon zest.
- Prepare of Meringue.
- It’s of egg whites.
- You need of caster sugar.
- Prepare of Raspberry Purée.
- You need of frozen raspberries.
- Prepare of sugar.
- It’s of lemon juice.
Raspberry Lemon Meringue Tart instructions
- For the tart shells, preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius. In a stand mixer bowl fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the room temperature butter for 10-15 minutes or until light and fluffy. Meanwhile, combine the almond meal, potato starch, plain flour and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside..
- Add the icing sugar into the butter mix. Beat for a further 2 minutes. Reduce the speed and add in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Increase the speed and beat for 2 minutes. Reduce the speed to low and gradually add in the dry ingredients. Mix until well combined. Divide the dough in two and wrap in cling film, set aside the discs in the freezer for 1hr..
- Lightly spray 8cm diameter tart rings with cooking spray. Portion the chilled pastry into golf sized balls. Roll pastry in between two parchment papers to make a thin layer and place in the tart rings, pressing the sides with fingertips to push out excess pastries. Cut off excess pastry and repeat for the rest of the tart rings. Chill the pastry in the freezer for 20 minutes..
- Blind bake the pastry for 10-12 minutes. Remove the baking beans and bake for a further 5 minutes or until golden and crisp. Remove from the oven and set aside to chill..
- In a saucepan, cook frozen raspberries, sugar and lemon cook till soften and thick. Using an immersion blender, blend the cooked raspberries till purée and sieve to remove seeds and set aside to chill..
- To make the lemon curd, combine water, lemon juice, sugar and cornflour in a saucepan, until smooth. Bring to boil, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 mins..
- Stir in yolks, butter and rind and allow to cool slightly. Spoon small amount of raspberry purée into prepared cases followed by the lemon curd, levelling top. Chill until firm..
- To make the meringue, in a clean, dry bowl, using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, one tablespoon at a time, beating until sugar dissolves and foam is stiff, thick and glossy..
- Increase oven to very hot (220C). Dollop meringue roughly over filling in each tart. Bake for 4-5 mins until lightly browned. Allow to cool and store in an airtight container..