Savoury pumpkin pie. This delicious quiche-like savoury pumpkin pie is easy to make, inexpensive and is a Savoury Pumpkin Pie. With pumpkin pie increasingly popular, I thought – why not a savoury version? I love pumpkin and look forward to using it loads of different ways.
This pumpkin pie has ground beef and subtle curry flavors. Next I had the idea to add a little extra spice to make the pie savory. I wanted to add meat somehow but couldn't figure out where it would go. You can have Savoury pumpkin pie using 14 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Savoury pumpkin pie
- Prepare of medium pumpkin (approx 1kg).
- It’s of onions.
- Prepare of garlic cloves.
- It’s of bay leaves.
- Prepare of mushrooms.
- Prepare of rosemary.
- You need of thyme.
- It’s of plain flour.
- It’s of tomato puree.
- Prepare of miso paste.
- It’s of veg stock.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of x ready rolled puff pastry sheets*.
- Prepare of Non-dairy milk (for a wash).
In this video I will share a super-delicious savory, rawfood & vegan pumpkin pie recipe for you. This pie is free from gluten and works well for people who. The savoury pumpkin pie turned out pretty good! I enjoyed the pumpkin pie warm the first day and straight out of the fridge the second day and it was good both ways.
Savoury pumpkin pie instructions
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (350F).
- Chop your pumpkin in half, removing the stem and scooping out the pumpkin flesh and seeds from the inside..
- Peel off the pumpkin skin. This can be made easier by cutting the pumpkin into wedges..
- Chop the pumpkin into bite sized cubes and add to a baking tray. Drizzle over olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and bake in oven for 35-45 minutes, until softened..
- Meanwhile, chop your onions, garlic and mushrooms. Remove the thyme and rosemary from their stems, and finely chop..
- When the pumpkin is nearly ready (about 5-10 minutes to go) heat some oil in a pan over medium heat and add the onions. Fry until softened and then add the minced garlic and bay leaves, frying for a couple more minutes..
- Next add the herbs and mushrooms, stirring through. Leave the mushrooms until they have reduced a bit and then give a stir. Keep cooking for around 10-15 minutes until the mushrooms are totally reduced..
- When the pumpkin is ready, remove from oven and add into the pan with the flour, tomato puree, miso paste and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil and then turn down to simmer until the mixture has thickened..
- Taste and season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and leave to cool..
- When the mixture has cooled off (it doesn’t have to be cold, just so that there is no steam), you’re ready to assemble your pie. Remove the bay leaves from the mixture. Turn the oven back on to preheat at 180°C (350F)..
- In a rectangular baking dish, flour the surface and then layer your ready-rolled puff pastry along the base. Cut the excess pastry to the size of the tray..
- Fill the dish with the mushroom and pumpkin pie filling. Brush some non-dairy milk along the edges of the pastry..
- Cover your filling with the other sheet of puff pastry and seal the edges together. Cut off the excess pastry. You can crimp the edges together by pressing with your fingertips to create a curved shape..
- Use the extra pastry you cut off to roll out and cut into decoration for the top of the pastry. I went for three seasonal leaves..
- Brush the top with non-dairy milk and bake in oven for 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Serve and enjoy!.
- NOTES Variations: You can go to town with the decorations for the top of the pie, just keep in mind with puff pastry it will shrink and puff up, so better to create the shapes slightly bigger than you want in the end. Try this recipe with a variety of other vegetables, including other seasonal ones, at other times of the year..
While some of the pumpkins currently spilling out of greengrocers' displays are destined to become jack-o'-lanterns, the best are made for mashing. This savory pumpkin pie tastes almost too good to be true. The crust is made from oat flour and almond flour combined with plenty of herbs and spices, like Italian parsley, sage, and thyme. Savory Pumpkin Pie Soup with Cinnamon Marshmallows, Pepita Streusel, and Whipped This pie uses pumpkin puree with soft tofu to bring an extra silky texture. It's got the richness and spiciness of.