Gooseberry and apple crumble. Cape gooseberries, also known as physalis or Chinese lanterns, add a pleasing sharpness to apple crumble, while the fruit juice and dried blueberries bring natural Rolled oats and chopped nuts give an appealing crunch to the crumble topping, which is made with less sugar than most recipes suggest. Gooseberries have absolutely nothing to do with poultry. But they are a mean addition to any good crumble.
Made by celeb chef Phil Vickery. And while the winter sees us filling up warming desserts like apple and rhubarb crumbles, this gooseberry crumble is perfect for the summer. Try our cinnamon and gooseberry crumbles for an individual crumble. You can cook Gooseberry and apple crumble using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Gooseberry and apple crumble
- Prepare of Fruit filling.
- You need of gooseberrys.
- It’s of large Bramley apples.
- You need of golden caster sugar.
- It’s of cinnamon.
- It’s of Crumble topping.
- You need of plain flour.
- Prepare of rolled oats.
- It’s of unsalted butter.
- It’s of golden caster sugar (plus a little extra to sprinkle on top).
Make a batch and freeze for when you need a quick pudding. This recipe for cinnamon and gooseberry crumbles is really easy to follow but they make great individual puds. The apples and the nutty topping are cooked separately in Mary Berry's apple crumble, producing exceptional crunch. Cranberry Pear & Apple Crumble Recipe & Video.
Gooseberry and apple crumble instructions
- Preheat the over to 180 degrees. Peel the apples and chop into cubes. Add the apple and gooseberrys to a pot over a low heat. Add the sugar and the cinnamon and cook until soft..
- In a bowl add the flour and butter and rub together until fine. Add the oats and sugar..
- Put the fruit in an ovenproof dish and add the crumble topping. Bake for 40 mins until golden..
This Cranberry Pear and Apple's crumble topping contains old fashioned rolled oats. Oats are a cereal grain that is rich and flavorful and comes in many forms. Download Gooseberry crumble stock photos at the best stock photography agency with millions of premium high quality, royalty-free stock photos, images and pictures at reasonable prices. An old-fashioned crumble is a delectable alternative. A few simple ingredients are all that is needed.