Sig's Beef, Morrocan Inspired.
You can have Sig's Beef, Morrocan Inspired using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sig's Beef, Morrocan Inspired
- You need 1 kg of diced beef.
- You need 8 of Katalan or equivalent Moroccan olives, pitted.
- You need 1 of red onion, sliced.
- Prepare 1 of white onion, sliced.
- You need 1 tablespoon of honey.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 pinch of chili powder.
- You need 1 of good pinch salt.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of pine nuts.
- You need 1 pinch of turmeric.
- You need 4 of large cloves of garlic, sliced.
- It’s 5 slices of preserved lemon or unwaxed lemon slices.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- You need 5 of dried or fresh apricots.
- It’s 5 of dried or fresh plums.
- It’s 1 packet of Mediterranean spicy lentil cup a soup (optional).
- You need 1 of mug of water.
Sig's Beef, Morrocan Inspired instructions
- Brown the meat from all sides, slice the onions thinly add to the meat, let them sweat down, by this time the meat will start to take on a darker browning, make sure you dont burn it. Add all your spices..
- Add the lemons, the lemon juice, chop the charred red pepper then add them, add honey and 1 cup of water. Add the plums, garlic, pine nuts and apricots. Simmer on very low for about 2 hours until lemons have dissolved and meat is tender.
- The onions and other ingredients should have bound the dish together. If you want a thicker consistency use a packet of Mediterranean spicy lentil cup a soup. I served this with couscous. Hope you will enjoy..