Pumpkin Pie. Pumpkin pie is a dessert pie with a spiced, pumpkin-based custard filling. The pumpkin is a symbol of harvest time, and pumpkin pie is generally eaten during the fall and early winter. This pumpkin pie recipe is perfect for the holidays!
When making a pumpkin pie from scratch, you have a choice. You can either use pumpkin purée from a can, or make your own pumpkin purée by cooking a sugar. Pumpkin pie is THE quintessential Thanksgiving dessert, am I right? You can cook Pumpkin Pie using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Pie
- It’s of roll puff pastry.
- Prepare of cooked pumpkin.
- It’s of eggs.
- Prepare of sugar.
- Prepare of tblsp cornstarch.
- Prepare of cinnamon.
- Prepare of nutmeg.
- You need of ground cloves.
- You need of black pepper.
- You need of cream.
- You need of milk.
It's rare to find a house that doesn't serve at least one, if for no other reason than "it's Thanksgiving, you have to have pumpkin. This easy pumpkin pie contains NO sweetened condensed milk and is the only pumpkin pie recipe you'll ever need! Literally everyone who tries this Pumpkin Pie Recipe falls in love with it. Learn how to make classic pumpkin pie. traditional holiday pumpkin pie recipe – perfect dessert for thanksgiving and other holidays.
Pumpkin Pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 230 degrees. Prepare the pan. Once thawed, Roll out the pastry and place carefully on a greased pan. Don’t pull. Slightly tap to make sure that pastry is placed properly. I first folded the pastry the crimped it with a fork. In a blender, Purée the cooked and cooled pumpkin. I added a little bit of milk to help along..
- In a separate bowl, mox eggs and sugar well. Then add cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, pepper and pumpkin purée and mix well..
- Add cream and milk and mix well. Pour into pastry and bake at 230 degrees for 15 minutes then bake at 190 degrees for 35-45 minutes or until an inserted knife comes clean. Cool down to room temperature. And serve..
Smooth pumpkin pie filling laced with ginger and cinnamon, this is the classic holiday treat. Pumpkin pie is the most classic Thanksgiving dessert. The holiday wouldn't be the same without it. And homemade pumpkin pie is both easy and well worth the minimal effort. Easy homemade pumpkin pie recipe made with pumpkin puree (canned or homemade), eggs How to make classic, unfussy pumpkin pie from scratch.