Self-saucing chocolate pudding. Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding is a classic dessert that everyone should know! One batter magically transforms into a moist chocolate cake with a beautiful chocolate sauce. Quick enough for a midweek treat, and a crowd pleaser for dinner parties.
The chocolate sauce gets poured on the top, but miraculously ends up on the bottom. Our indulgent self-saucing puddings magically create their own sauce while baking. This is a warm, rich, silky, but very traditional pudding, perfect with vanilla ice cream on a cold winter night. You can have Self-saucing chocolate pudding using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Self-saucing chocolate pudding
- You need 200 g of light muscavado sugar.
- You need 150 g of self raising flour.
- You need 2 of lightly heaped tbsp cocoa.
- You need 45 g of ground almonds.
- Prepare 75 g of chopped chocolate.
- Prepare 200 ml of milk.
- It’s 25 g of butter, melted.
- You need of Few drops vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- You need of Sauce.
- You need 150 g of caster sugar.
- It’s 75 g of cocoa powder.
Try it it's almost guaranteed not to fail, and if you have kids they will enjoy the way the sauce slowly creeps to the bottom during. When I was a kid, chocolate self saucing pudding was always my favourite and apparently, that has not changed! I mean, what's not to love? Delicious chocolate cake, sprinkled with brown sugar and cocoa and topped with water that magically turns into the most amazing chocolate sauce.
Self-saucing chocolate pudding step by step
- Preheat the oven at 180degC..
- Put the SR flour, cocoa, almonds, light muscavado sugar and chocolate in a bowl..
- In another bowl, add the milk, butter, vanilla and egg. Whisk them all together..
- Bring the wet and dry ingredients together and pour into a 1.5L oven proof bowl..
- Mix the caster sugar and cocoa for the sauce together and sprinkle over the top of the cake batter..
- Pour 500ml of freshly boiled water over the top. (Counter-intuitative I know but its OK!).
- Cook in the oven for 40 mins and then take out and rest for 10 mins..
- Serve with cream, ice cream, or how ever you like!.
A community recipe by Petronell. fluid ounce vanilla essence. Chocolate Self-Saucing Pudding is a community recipe submitted by Petronell and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe. Sauce: Sift combined brown sugar and extra cocoa evenly over the top of the pudding mix. Gently pour the water over the pudding, using a spoon to break the flow. + Self Saucing Chocolate Puddings. This Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding recipe is an old fashioned favourite.