Bread and butter pudding. This classic bread and butter pudding brings out all the right feelings of nostalgia. An old-fashioned English bread and butter pudding that goes easy on the wallet. Day-old bread works best in this recipe.
Bread and butter pudding is a traditional type of British bread pudding made of buttered bread, raisins, and egg custard. You do need to let it rest for half an hour to soak up. Bread and Butter Pudding is surely the ultimate transformation of leftover bread!! You can have Bread and butter pudding using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bread and butter pudding
- It’s of butter (or enough to butter all the bread).
- Prepare of white bread.
- Prepare of raisins.
- You need of cinnamon powder.
- You need of eggs.
- Prepare of full fat milk.
- Prepare of double cream.
- You need of granulated sugar.
A classic comfort dessert, it's custardy on the inside, golden This is Bread and Butter Pudding as we know it here in Australia, a classic English dessert. One key difference between this Australian/English version and. Everybody loves a good bread and butter pudding. A deluxe bread and butter pudding takes a little bit of extra time and effort, but the results are well-worth it.
Bread and butter pudding instructions
- Grease dish.
- Butter the bread on one side then cut into triangles.
- Make a layer of bread on the bottom of the dish, then sprinkle some raisins and cinnamon on. Repeat until you have used all the bread (mine was 2 layers).
- Whisk 20g sugar with the eggs until sugar is dissolved and pale colour.
- Heat the milk and cream up, do not boil.
- Slowly whisk the milk mixture into the eggs. Add the vanilla extract.
- Pour over bread and push the bread down so it all get some of the custard. Sprinkle the remaining sugar on the top. Leave for at least 30min.
- Preheat over to 180oC then cook for 30-40min. Serve with custard or ice cream.
This recipe is a classic Bread & Butter pudding. This is English BREAD Pudding!!! not Bread & Butter Pudding. Spread one side of each slice bread with butter. Layer bread slices, buttered sides up, in casserole; sprinkle with cinnamon. Beat eggs slightly in medium bowl; mix in granulated sugar, vanilla and salt.