You can cook Tiramisu Cake using 23 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tiramisu Cake
- Prepare of <Basic Sponge Cake>.
- Prepare 4 of Eggs.
- Prepare 90 g (100 ml) of Caster Sugar.
- It’s 70 g (120 ml) of Self-Raising Flour.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of Corn Starch Flour.
- You need 20 g of Butter *melted.
- You need of <Coffee Syrup>.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Espresso *OR 1/2 cup Hot Water and 1 tablespoon Instant Coffee Granules.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Caster Sugar.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Marsala Wine *OR your favourite liquor such as Brandy OR Rum.
- Prepare of <Topping>.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Cocoa Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Ground Coffee.
- Prepare of <Filling>.
- You need Bowl of 1.
- You need 2 of Egg Whites.
- Prepare Bowl of 2.
- You need 200 ml of Thickened Cream.
- It’s Bowl of 3.
- Prepare 2 of Egg Yolks.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Caster Sugar *do not add it yet….
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of Gelatine Powder *soaked in 2 tablespoons Water.
- You need 250 g of Mascarpone.
Tiramisu Cake instructions
- Bake ‘Basic Sponge Cake’. See https://cookpad.com/uk/recipes/11246272-basic-sponge-cake.
- To make Coffee Syrup, combine Espresso (OR strong coffee), Sugar and Marsala Wine in a small bowl..
- In another small heat-proof bowl, place 2 tablespoons Water and sprinkle Gelatine Powder over, and soak for 10 minutes..
- To make Filling, prepare three bowls. Place Egg Whites in Bowl 1, Cream in Bowl 2, and Egg Yolks in Bowl 3..
- Add 2 tablespoons Cream from Bowl 2 to the soaked Gelatine, and heat in the microwave for 20 seconds or until completely melted (DO NOT boil)..
- Bowl 1: Using the electric beaters, beat Egg Whites until stiff peaks form..
- Bowl 2: Using the same electric beaters, whip Cream. Do not worry some Egg White gets in the cream as you will mix everything together later..
- Bowl 3: Add the Caster Sugar to the Egg Yolks, and beat using the same electric beaters until pale and thick. Add Mascarpone and mix well. Then add the hot Gelatine mixture and quickly mix well..
- To the Mascarpone mixture in Bowl 3, add the whipped Cream and mix well. Then add the Egg Whites and gently fold into the mixture..
- Now you can assemble ‘Tiramisu Cake’..
- Slice the cooled sponge cake into three pieces. Place 1 sponge piece on a plate. Using a spoon, drizzle Coffee Syrup over the sponge evenly, then spread with one third of filling..
- Place the second sponge piece, drizzle Coffee Syrup over, and spread with one third of filling..
- Drizzle Coffee Syrup over the cut side of the top sponge piece, then place it on top right way up. Spread with the remaining filling. Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours. Before serving, dust the top with Cocoa Powder mixed with Ground Coffee..