Pear upside down cake. Scrape down the sides of the bowl one last time and mix briefly to blend well. Spoon the batter in large dollops over the pears and smooth it into an even layer with an offset spatula. recipes. Peel, halve, and core the pears.
Serving warm brings out the flavors AND makes this a quick holiday dessert. Today I made an easy Upside Down PEAR Cake using my cast iron pan that I can cook on the stove top and put directly in the oven. This beautiful upside-down pear cake is perfect for fall holidays and special occasions. You can cook Pear upside down cake using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pear upside down cake
- You need of Ripe Pears.
- It’s of brown sugar.
- You need of white sugar.
- It’s of all purpose flour.
- You need of baking powder.
- It’s of low fat Greek youghurt.
- You need of vanilla essence.
- It’s of whole eggs.
- It’s of butter.
- You need of corn oil.
- You need of salt.
Whether you are baking for your family or for a potluck, this cake will get everyone's attention. And with the gooey caramelized layer and fresh sliced pears, it is delicious! This traditional upside-down pear cake is given a fiery twist with the addition of ginger and dark rum. Serve with ice cream as a dessert or by itself as a Using oven gloves to protect your hands, carefully loosen and remove the sides of the cake tin.
Pear upside down cake step by step
- Cut and peel the pears. Caramelize the pears in thick pan with brown sugar..
- Mix butter, essence and sugar until it is smooth..
- Whip the eggs until fluffy, add in mixture of butter, add youghurt. Add oil slowly..
- Fold salt, flour and baking powder in mixture..
- Arrange pears in mould and pour the cake mix. Bake it at 175 degree Celsius for 40 minutes..
- Serve with Berries and vanilla sauce..
Place a serving plate over the cake and carefully turn. Pear upside-down cake is a perfect twist on the classic and it's seriously one of the easiest cakes you will ever make! If you think you read that wrong And this trumps Pineapple Upside-Down Cake any day of the week for me. Granted, I had never really been a huge fan of Pineapple Upside-Down Cake. Carefully spread batter over pears, using a spatula to make sure it is evenly distributed.