Skinny oven fried chicken. When I am trying to control my calorie intake a big turn off is boring food. For me, it's very important that the food looks There is nothing ho-hum about this Skinny Oven-Fried Chicken! The chicken has the same crispy, golden texture as the fried version.
Cut the fat with this oven baked "fried" chicken. As a food blogger, I'm often asked to review products coming onto the market. I agree to do reviews only if I think the product might be of interest. You can have Skinny oven fried chicken using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Skinny oven fried chicken
- You need 450 g of chicken fillets.
- It’s 2 tbls of 0% plain Greek yoghurt.
- You need 50 g of cornflakes.
- It’s 1 tbls of garlic granules.
- It’s to taste of Salt and black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika.
- It’s Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional).
- Prepare 125 g of breadcrumbs.
This Oven Fried Chicken is baked in the oven, yet still has so much flavor and a satisfying crunch! I've tried a lot of oven fried chicken recipes using a variety A lot of skinny recipes tend to lack flavor, but not this one. Soaking the chicken in buttermilk gives a great tangy flavor and also keeps the meat juicy. Ingredients: You'll need four Chicken legs quarters. (Or eight pieces of chicken.
Skinny oven fried chicken instructions
- Place the chicken in a bowl with the yoghurt and mix well..
- Cover the mixture and place in the fridge for a few hours (overnight is best)..
- Place all the dry ingredients in a food processor and pulse till well combined..
- Heat the oven to 220°C (fan assisted)..
- Place the breadcrumb mixture in a plate and cover each chicken fillet well by pressing it down firmly into the mixture..
- Place the breadcrumb chicken onto a lightly oiled baking tray and bake for about 30 minutes turning half way so to crisp on both sides..
- The fillets can be refrigerated for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 2 months. Heat for 10-15 minutes at 180°C before serving..
- A great accompaniment is sweet chilli sauce and a salad..
When oven frying chicken, use one cup of chicken or two similar-sized cuts so they have the same cooking time. When making oven-fried chicken, season your chicken with salt at every stage. Add salt and pepper to the flour and egg mixture. It's hard to get any seasoning into the meat, but. Buttermilk Oven "Fried" Chicken – this baked fried chicken is a lighter version of fried chicken that tastes just like the real deal!